Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Betfair Security Protocols

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:10 pm

Meant the 19th.
Captain Sensible

Postby wesdag » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:18 pm

Thanks for the update.

However, being on Vista, I'm still not able to use gruss until I get a new laptop with Windows 10.

Is there any way an older version of gruss can be made available for a few days?

The link above doesn't work for me.
wesdag

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:38 pm

wesdag wrote:Thanks for the update.

However, being on Vista, I'm still not able to use gruss until I get a new laptop with Windows 10.

Is there any way an older version of gruss can be made available for a few days?

The link above doesn't work for me.

Hi,

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting_Assistant/Betting_Assistant_1_3_0_37a.msi

This is the link for version 1.3.0.37a and definitely works.

But once installed you cannot open it from the desktop shortcut otherwise it will try to update.
Instead you need to bypass the update process by going to the Program Files directory on your pc and run the file "Betting Assistant.exe"
You can create a new shortcut from your desktop to this file.
You will then remain on version 1.3.0.37a

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby wesdag » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:08 pm

Hi,

Given these new & sudden changes, I'm going to have to get a new laptop asap.

Now since that I am unable to load BA on my old laptop, is there a way for me to get my settings & horse notes once I install BA on my new laptop?
wesdag

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:21 pm

[quote="wesdag"]Hi,

Now since that I am unable to load BA on my old laptop, is there a way for me to get my settings & horse notes once I install BA on my new laptop?[/quote]

Yes, the horse note's default folder is your My Documents folder, listed as BA_Horse_Notes.xml, the excel quick link files are there also if you use them. For the profile data , openn the app go to Options->Open Settings Folder and copy the config files to the corresponding folder on your new PC once you've installed Gruss
Captain Sensible

Postby wesdag » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:04 pm

[quote="MarkRussell"][quote="wesdag"]Thanks for the update.

The link above doesn't work for me.[/quote]

Hi,

[b][url]http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting_Assistant/Betting_Assistant_1_3_0_37a.msi[/url] [/b]

This is the link for version 1.3.0.37a and definitely works.

But once installed you cannot open it from the desktop shortcut otherwise it will try to update.
Instead you need to bypass the update process by going to the Program Files directory on your pc and run the file "Betting Assistant.exe"
You can create a new shortcut from your desktop to this file.
You will then remain on version 1.3.0.37a

Regards,
Mark[/quote]

Thanks Mark, got there in the end.
wesdag

Postby wesdag » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:05 pm

[quote="Captain Sensible"][quote="wesdag"]Hi,

Now since that I am unable to load BA on my old laptop, is there a way for me to get my settings & horse notes once I install BA on my new laptop?[/quote]

Yes, the horse note's default folder is your My Documents folder, listed as BA_Horse_Notes.xml, the excel quick link files are there also if you use them. For the profile data , openn the app go to Options->Open Settings Folder and copy the config files to the corresponding folder on your new PC once you've installed Gruss[/quote]

Thanks Captain.
wesdag

Previous

Return to Announcements