Laying below minimum stakes

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Laying below minimum stakes

Postby BruceLeet » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:55 am

Good stuff Gary, will install it right away.

Regarding the last issue I reported, one potentially important detail from what I can tell is that the software doesn't seem to re-load the ladder data on the already opened markets AFTER closing the options page or when I open a new market tab ladder (like it used to), but instead the software seems to wait for any market activity (any money to get matched anywhere on this market) and only then it seems to pull the ladder data and populates the ladder with prices and money etc, which as you can imagine can take a while on less active markets or less active periods of the markets. I doubt this is the new intended behavior so that's why I called it a bug. If you've got any specific questions about it please let me know and I'll try and answer to do best of my ability.

Cheers.
BruceLeet

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:00 am

BruceLeet wrote:Good stuff Gary, will install it right away.

Regarding the last issue I reported, one potentially important detail from what I can tell is that the software doesn't seem to re-load the ladder data on the already opened markets AFTER closing the options page or when I open a new market tab ladder (like it used to), but instead the software seems to wait for any market activity (any money to get matched anywhere on this market) and only then it seems to pull the ladder data and populates the ladder with prices and money etc, which as you can imagine can take a while on less active markets or less active periods of the markets. I doubt this is the new intended behavior so that's why I called it a bug. If you've got any specific questions about it please let me know and I'll try and answer to do best of my ability.

Cheers.

Do you have the option "Full stream" ticked? The bug might relate to this option.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby BruceLeet » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:12 am

I do have "Full stream prices by default" ticked in General Options. I just tested it without this option and still have the same issue.

I also just tested it with only one market tab open with ladder view (Match Odds for tonight's West Ham vs Watford game) and still seeing the same issue so not related to large amount of open market tabs. I simply opened the ladder for West Ham and then went to options to change something minor (in this case the number of ladders from 3 to 4) and upon closing the options menu the ladder for the West Ham match is now completely empty for a while, until apparently some money gets matched somewhere. Same behavior for another less active market like unders/overs. Hope that helps.
BruceLeet

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:36 am

BruceLeet wrote:I do have "Full stream prices by default" ticked in General Options. I just tested it without this option and still have the same issue.

I also just tested it with only one market tab open with ladder view (Match Odds for tonight's West Ham vs Watford game) and still seeing the same issue so not related to large amount of open market tabs. I simply opened the ladder for West Ham and then went to options to change something minor (in this case the number of ladders from 3 to 4) and upon closing the options menu the ladder for the West Ham match is now completely empty for a while, until apparently some money gets matched somewhere. Same behavior for another less active market like unders/overs. Hope that helps.

Did you change the option in general preferences then try it? It won't apply it to markets already open. You need to untick "Full stream" on the market you are viewing. This is the only way I can make sense of it still failing after changing the option.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby BruceLeet » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:07 pm

Okay you're absolutely right, I tested it more thoroughly this time around and there is no real issue here, it seems that I misunderstood how Full Stream worked having just read your FAQ on it here (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10649&p=53771&hilit=+full+stream#p53771), sorry about that, I turned on this option a few weeks ago without realizing it's fully dependent on streaming like the name suggest.

In the FAQ it clearly says that it's not a suitable option for less active markets, but it can be an advantage for very fast ones like racing inplay, so it's working as intended.

Thank you for clearing that up, one less issue I have to worry about, there's no real speed advantage for me here anyway, even on racing markets so for me no real benefit with having this option on. I'd ask about the speed difference but it really seems negligible.
BruceLeet

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:01 pm

Glad it’s sorted. Although with full streaming on it should update the display after changing options. I will fix this in next release.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby BruceLeet » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:13 pm

Ah okay lol, so my first assumption was correct then I guess, if it wasn't intended behavior then I will use the option later when you fix it if there is no real downside to it. If the display gets updated after changing options then it would obviously be the best option to use, provided there's no major slowdown with too many markets open.
BruceLeet

Postby BruceLeet » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:48 am

[quote="GaryRussell"][quote="BruceLeet"]While you're on the subject of fixing the tick offset leveling/hedging, could you please add this simple option somewhere in general options so that we can make it default behavior and to make it apply for all markets? https://i.imgur.com/dGIxquB.png

Because otherwise we have to turn on this Auto Level option manually for each individual market and it gets very tiresome when operating with multiple markets throughout long trading sessions.[/quote]

Will see what I can do for the next release. Did not make this morning's release unfortunately.[/quote]

Hi Gary. Any chance this little option (for a global auto level option for tick offset) makes the next release whenever that is please? Just asking in case it you forgot or got buried under other stuff etc. Cheers
BruceLeet

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:03 pm

BruceLeet wrote:
GaryRussell wrote:
BruceLeet wrote:While you're on the subject of fixing the tick offset leveling/hedging, could you please add this simple option somewhere in general options so that we can make it default behavior and to make it apply for all markets? https://i.imgur.com/dGIxquB.png

Because otherwise we have to turn on this Auto Level option manually for each individual market and it gets very tiresome when operating with multiple markets throughout long trading sessions.

Will see what I can do for the next release. Did not make this morning's release unfortunately.

Hi Gary. Any chance this little option (for a global auto level option for tick offset) makes the next release whenever that is please? Just asking in case it you forgot or got buried under other stuff etc. Cheers

Sorry I should have included it. I'll let you have something shortly.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby BruceLeet » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:08 am

Any update on this Gary?
BruceLeet

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:59 am

It will be included in the next release on Monday. If you want to try it before then you can download it from here

The option is in general preferences.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby BruceLeet » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:35 am

Brilliant, thanks!
BruceLeet

Postby Flavia Martins » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:55 pm

Good afternoon, I need to test a strategy in LAY in Dog races, but I can't place bets with small values, ex. 5 Reais, because I need to validate my strategy.
Could you please help me to solve this problem of mine bet?
Flavia Martins

Postby Flavia Martins » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:11 pm

Good afternoon, I need to test a strategy in LAY in Dog races, but I can't place bets with small values, ex. 5 Reais, because I need to validate my strategy.
I try to place a bet in favor of € 0.50 and it is rejected. The message "canceled, not placed" appears. The market is for greyhounds.
Could you please help me to solve this problem of mine bet?
Flavia Martins

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi,

You can lay using below minimum stakes on all markets.
We will need to see a Diagnostic Log which should help identify why you bet is not being accepted.
Go to the Options Menu and select 'Open Settings Folder'
A File Explorer window will open where you will find the Diagnostic Logs folder.
There will be log files for each date that you have used the software.
Please email the log file that corresponds to the date that where the rejected bet happened.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements