Major new features

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Major new features

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:50 pm

We have recently acquired a BetfaIr historical licence and are pleased to announce we have added two new features to Betting Assistant.

Market Replay
You can select events from the last two years for Soccer, Tennis, Cricket, Horse Racing and Greyhound racing.
The data is from Betfair's advanced plan so the refresh frequency is 1 second.
You can view the market as you can a live market and place test bets. You can view the market over and over again to test different strategies.
The historical data licence is not free so we are charging a modest fee of an additional £4 per month. You can view as many events as you want without any additional costs. If you choose not to subscribe you will still be able to view events for 1st January 2022 for free.

Historical Charts
You can view a reconstruction of Betfair's price over time charts for horse racing markets from the last two years. You can also view the current live chart next to them. This feature is free.

These features are currently in Beta. See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11059 for download link. Our server currently only contains horse racing markets. We will be adding the additional sports and payment options over the next two weeks.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Re: Major new features

Postby Deestar » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:19 pm

Thanks this is a useful addition for me at least.
Will it be possible to link an excel sheet to the historical market and run it to test automation?
Deestar

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:19 pm

Deestar wrote:Thanks this is a useful addition for me at least.
Will it be possible to link an excel sheet to the historical market and run it to test automation?

Absolutely!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:21 pm

That's excellent thanks.
Deestar

Postby NorthView » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:28 pm

Looks very promising and opens up new possibilities, thanks Gary.

Had a quick look at the racing data. Linking one of my excel sheets to a historic market fails to run correctly because the market description in cell A1 is formatted like

Cheltenham - 12:15 Cheltenham 1st Jan 2m4f Listed

instead of

Plumpton 31st Jan - 13:40 2m Mdn Hrd

Is it possible this can be fixed because all the race data (Type, Distance) is derived from cell A1? If not everyone using race data will have to remember to rewrite formulae when they migrate from historic to live data?
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:34 pm

NorthView wrote:Looks very promising and opens up new possibilities, thanks Gary.

Had a quick look at the racing data. Linking one of my excel sheets to a historic market fails to run correctly because the market description in cell A1 is formatted like

Cheltenham - 12:15 Cheltenham 1st Jan 2m4f Listed

instead of

Plumpton 31st Jan - 13:40 2m Mdn Hrd

Is it possible this can be fixed because all the race data (Type, Distance) is derived from cell A1? If not everyone using race data will have to remember to rewrite formulae when they migrate from historic to live data?

Thanks for the feedback. I will see what I can do.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby brumbie » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:46 am

Not working for me. As soon as I add historical markets to a clean quick pick list it crashes Betting Assistant. I'm in Australia.
It does not have :
"Please choose a date" in the left top corner.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-02-02 154350.png
Screenshot 2022-02-02 154350.png (228.8 KiB) Viewed 55436 times
brumbie

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:20 am

brumbie wrote:Not working for me. As soon as I add historical markets to a clean quick pick list it crashes Betting Assistant. I'm in Australia.
It does not have :
"Please choose a date" in the left top corner.

You will only get 1st January 2022 for free so there is no option to choose a date. There may be a market causing an issue that I haven't tested. Is it crashing on all markets? If you choose the first race from Catterick UK for example does it work? Can you send a diagnostic log to admin@gruss-software.co.uk. Choose "Open settings folder" from the options menu and send the latest file prefixed "BA_Diagnostic_" from the "Diagnostic Logs" folder.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:23 am

Sorry it's my fault. I think you may have selected all Australian markets. I will fix this. Try adding a meeting at a time.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:32 am

If you look at AUS/Ascot 07:25 Race 7. You will see it is listed twice. The first one crashes BA. The second one works. There is an anomaly in the data somewhere. I will fix it. Sorry I just didn't come across it while testing.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby brumbie » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:58 am

I only tried it on UK markets and the only one that would work was Southwell. Just tried it on Flemington, Aus but still same crash. The crash comes when the blue marker goes through the QP list.
brumbie

Postby brumbie » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:08 am

Have sent log
brumbie

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:36 am

I have found something. I will release a possible fix later.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:30 am

I've removed any markets for the time being that I can see causing a crash. If you restart Betting Assistant does it still crash on any markets?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby brumbie » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:36 am

I tried Catterick and Cheltenham, then Randwick in Australia but still crashing Gary. As soon as the QPL tries to load.
brumbie

Next

Return to Announcements