Major new features

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Major new features

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:22 pm

xraymitch wrote:GaryRussell wrote:
> [quote=Just checked if it's a time zone issue. Bets placed on markets for 1st April 2022
> are recording the bet placement time as an hour earlier. The conversion to local
> time should not be applied as it is on live markets. I thought I'd removed all conversions.
> I will be releasing an update shortly and I will include a fix for this. Could this
> be your issue?

Gary, tests were done on races held in March with the same problem every time. I have not tried races for April.

In this example of which I have numerous, the screenshots attached are for the 17:20 Wolverhampton 18th March, with trigger bets placed at 17:00:46, 17:02:34, 17:03:17

Unless the images are saved they do not show here on screen as clearly as I would like. Can anyone advise a better way ?[/quote]

In your screenshots I can see the timeline is at 17:03 which is 17 minutes before the scheduled start time so the market is already open well before one minute before the scheduled start time. Presumably you opened this market manually and it was not auto selected. Auto select is for subsequent markets, they will be opened one minute before the start and bets cannot be triggered on those markets until they are opened. When the market is open bets can be triggered at any time if you have populated the trigger cells. The auto select feature does not dictate when bets can be triggered, it only dictates when the market will be opened.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:29 pm

xraymitch wrote:Gary, for the time being unless I am informed otherwise, I'll assume that setting 'Auto Select Markets' - 'At Specific Time Before Off', along with different venues in separate Tab pages and 'Trigger Betting Enabled', has little or no bearing on the 'Market Replay' as the bets are triggered irrespective of the time set.

Are you saying that bets are actually being placed on a market before it is auto selected? I haven't been able to replicate this.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:50 pm

If you put the following formula in cell T1 for example it will contain the number of seconds before the scheduled start time.

Code: Select all
=IF(LEFT(D2)<>"-",(HOUR(D2)*3600)+(MINUTE(D2)*60)+SECOND(D2),-((HOUR(SUBSTITUTE(D2,"-",""))*3600)+(MINUTE(SUBSTITUTE(D2,"-",""))*60)+SECOND(SUBSTITUTE(D2,"-",""))))

You could then put something like the following in the trigger cell. It will only contain back if T1 is less than or equal to 60.

Code: Select all
=IF(T1<=60,"BACK","")

You have to do something like this whether it is a live market or historical. If the market is open bets will be triggered if you populate the trigger cells.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby xraymitch » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:40 pm

Gary many thanks for your response and for the code, I was thinking that I may need to do something along your lines.

In a previous post I outlined the steps I take which I have copied below

I select historical data for only one event.
Data is set for 2 hours before the start of the event.
'Auto Select Markets' is set to 1 minute before the official start.
I log current prices to excel macro sheet.
I start Market Replay and let it play at a speed of 1 second until the start of the event.

Are you saying that despite the steps taken above I will still need to use your code or similar if I want to trigger bets 1 minute before the start of the Wolverhampton race at 17:20. If this was a live market there would be no need to use any code as the market would not be opened until the time as set in 'Auto Select Markets'

Apologies if I am misunderstanding.
xraymitch

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:12 am

Are you saying that despite the steps taken above I will still need to use your code or similar if I want to trigger bets 1 minute before the start of the Wolverhampton race at 17:20. If this was a live market there would be no need to use any code as the market would not be opened until the time as set in 'Auto Select Markets'

Yes. When viewing live markets auto select can select the first market one minute before the off so you can start logging to Excel without any markets open. For historical markets the time line needs to be active for auto select to work. To display the time line you have to open the first market. As soon as you press play bets can be triggered. You could drag the time line to 1 minute before the start of the first race before pressing play to avoid placing bets prematurely. In any case it would be best practice to have a safeguard in your spreadsheet to prevent triggers before they are ready.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby xraymitch » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:54 am

Perhaps it was obvious to everyone except me, but until now I had assumed that historical markets would work in exactly the same way as viewing live markets. I shall follow your advice and put in place a safeguard.

Thanks Gary for clearing up my misunderstanding.
xraymitch

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:03 am

xraymitch wrote:Perhaps it was obvious to everyone except me, but until now I had assumed that historical markets would work in exactly the same way as viewing live markets. I shall follow your advice and put in place a safeguard.

Thanks Gary for clearing up my misunderstanding.

Point taken. I will see if I can change it to auto select the first market. If you find anything else that does not work as expected then let me know.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby NorthView » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:05 pm

Noticed quite a few lays not getting matched despite matches being made at lower prices, even at 1x speed:

[attachment=0]Gruss1.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
Gruss1.JPG
Gruss1.JPG (65.54 KiB) Viewed 20206 times
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:20 pm

Sorry I should have made this clear from the start.

The test bets do not interact with the market. The bets are never in the queue. They will get matched when the offer is available, ie. when 1.74 is available lay. In other words it will only ever take offers not make them. The prices are from Betfair's advanced historical data which is at 1 second intervals. 1.74 may well have been available to be taken if you could view every price change in between.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby xraymitch » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:33 pm

[quote="GaryRussell"]
Point taken. I will see if I can change it to auto select the first market. If you find anything else that does not work as expected then let me know.[/quote]

Gary, it's not a problem as I can use your code or similar to ensure bets are triggered at certain times.

Not sure what is expected when I click on a selection to bring up a chart as you can see from the screenshot. No matter what venue or race is selected the figures are always the same. Incidentally compliments on the Historic Charts feature.
Attachments
Charts Query.png
Charts ?
Charts Query.png (200.64 KiB) Viewed 20035 times
xraymitch

Postby NorthView » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:06 pm

With the market in play I requested a lay at 5.9 for £10 with a tick offset at 12 ticks via Betting Options.

Got matched at 4.8, but I can't make sense of the offsets:

[attachment=0]Gruss2.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
Gruss2.JPG
Gruss2.JPG (219.95 KiB) Viewed 19420 times
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:33 pm

NorthView wrote:With the market in play I requested a lay at 5.9 for £10 with a tick offset at 12 ticks via Betting Options.

Gruss2.JPG

It's initially partially matched £2 of the £10 at 5.9 then another £2 at 5.9 and the remainder at 4.8, but it's not calculating the average odds for the lay bet. I will fix this.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:36 pm

GaryRussell wrote:
NorthView wrote:With the market in play I requested a lay at 5.9 for £10 with a tick offset at 12 ticks via Betting Options.

Gruss2.JPG

It's initially partially matched £2 of the £10 at 5.9 then another £2 at 5.9 and the remainder at 4.8, but it's not calculating the average odds for the lay bet. It is normal to get a separate back bet for each partial match though. I will fix this.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:39 pm

xraymitch wrote:
GaryRussell wrote:Point taken. I will see if I can change it to auto select the first market. If you find anything else that does not work as expected then let me know.

Gary, it's not a problem as I can use your code or similar to ensure bets are triggered at certain times.

Not sure what is expected when I click on a selection to bring up a chart as you can see from the screenshot. No matter what venue or race is selected the figures are always the same. Incidentally compliments on the Historic Charts feature.

I am working on this.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby NorthView » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:21 pm

[quote="GaryRussell"][quote="GaryRussell"][quote="NorthView"]With the market in play I requested a lay at 5.9 for £10 with a tick offset at 12 ticks via Betting Options.

[attachment=0]Gruss2.JPG[/attachment][/quote]
It's initially partially matched £2 of the £10 at 5.9 then another £2 at 5.9 and the remainder at 4.8, but it's not calculating the average odds for the lay bet. It is normal to get a separate back bet for each partial match though. I will fix this.[/quote][/quote]
I'm fine with the separate offset bets for each partially matched lay but I don't understand why a 12 tick offset for a lay at 4.8 is requested at 5.2.

Am I missing something?
NorthView

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements