Average Last Price Matched

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Average Last Price Matched

Postby octobergirl » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:59 pm

Why such large discrepancies with ALPM with what is happening in the market,especially IN-PLAY
octobergirl

Re: Average Last Price Matched

Postby Bumper74 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:43 pm

Hi there, don't know if this will be of any help as I'm maybe reading your question incorrectly.
I trade manually and have columns for Last Traded Price and Average Price Matched on the grid. Taken from ,Options-Grid interface- Display columns. Maybe this will be of help as the Last price matched would not be an average. The average you are noticing in play will always be volatile as until the race ends it will move in and out depending whether a horse is running well or poorly and the volume of money traded. Last price traded ,when in-play can seem very erratic at times. Maybe down to x-Matching as well as how individual selections are running, and I dare say some can make these moves pay. I quite often follow the Projected S.P. pre-race to see what direction it is heading, but depending on the timeframes anyone could enter or exit the market, or any amount of variables could result in things going the opposite way from what appears likely.
Happy Trading G.
Bumper74

Postby octobergirl » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:23 am

Thanks for your reply Bumper.

I am looking to use Last Price Matched as part of an in-play trigger using an excel Place_Bets worksheet..

Unfortunately , there is only an ALPM tick-box for the excel link , not LPM.

If ALPM worked properly this would work just as well , but i cant believe it is working properly , as monitoring a couple of days ago the ALPM on some horses were way out of line with the market , especially at end of races , and even pre-race.
octobergirl

Postby alrodopial » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:42 pm

octobergirl wrote:
Unfortunately , there is only an ALPM tick-box for the excel link , not LPM.

LPM is displayed by default at column "O"
Can not be changed
alrodopial

Postby Bumper74 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Apologies octobergirl, I was unaware of the various options for Excel use and should probably have held back until someone with a bit more knowledge came along. Maybe someone could clarify if the ALPM in the Excel option gives the same reading on the Grid Last priced matched column, when Full Stream option is enabled? I'm assuming that both these options would just give the average price based on the very short space of time taken to retrieve them? My assumptions are not always correct though.
I think because of the volume of money when trading in-play, some maybe tend to put offers in taking a horses price down to a certain level, taking everything in its way down (or outwards if laying) and creating a better average for themselves than the bottom price (or top if laying). This I would imagine could make things look a bit out of sorts. Things seem to change very quickly once the market goes in play and the race unfolds. I don't notice this so much pre-race unless something causes a spike, maybe a big bet or a non-runner.
Hope you get things set up, best of luck G.
Bumper74

Postby Deestar » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:18 am

My understanding is that the extra column "AVERAGE LAST PRICE MATCHED" gives the weighted average price (WAP) of all money matched on the runner since the market opened. The "Last" is a bit of a misnomer in that regard

On the other hand, Last Price Matched (col O) literally gives the last price that the runner was matched at.

Obviously if you are looking at numbers in-running the latter is going to jump around a lot, the first number not so much, as it represents all the money matched on the runner before the off as well.

Hope that helps.
Deestar

Postby octobergirl » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:26 pm

Thanks Alrodopial and Deestar.

ALPM now makes sense. Misnomer indeed.
octobergirl

Postby Bumper74 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:19 pm

As above, thanks for clarifying things folks'. G.
Bumper74

Return to Discussion