Is there a way to see overall market liability?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Is there a way to see overall market liability?

Postby BruceLeet » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:27 pm

Hi, very simple question.

Is there a way in Gruss that I can see how much total liability I have on a market at any given time? Or even better, how much liability is currently being taken up per market selection.

Since I like to actively participate in several racing markets at once it becomes a bit of a nightmare from software side to keep track of how much liability each market is taking up from my bank. It's easy to see if you don't have many bets or market selections open, but it becomes an extremely tedious chore to keep track of, the Betfair website is useless in this regard.

If there is no such simple feature within Gruss, could we please get it in a short update if possible? Would be a major QOL (quality of life) improvement for the software I think.
BruceLeet

Re: Is there a way to see overall market liability?

Postby BruceLeet » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:35 pm

BruceLeet wrote:Hi, very simple question.

Is there a way in Gruss that I can see how much total liability I have on a market at any given time? Or even better, how much liability is currently being taken up per market selection.

This would obviously include both matched AND unmatched bets, which is the tricky part, for those unfamiliar with ladder exchange mechanics. For example if you place a back bet of a 100 at a price of 10 then the liability is only 100, but if you lay at 10 with the same stake the reserved liability from your balance has to be 900. Naturally this then gets much more complex when you place multiple bets, some matched and some unmatched, and on more selections on the same market, because the liability is sometimes "shared" between selections and sometimes each bet needs its own liability.

In short, it's a big mess to keep track of manually and such a simple feature would do wonders, IF it's not already there and I've somehow missed it.
BruceLeet

Postby BruceLeet » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:44 pm

So I see that the Bets Manager at the bottom in Gruss keeps track of individual bets, and can be sorted with by matched or unmatched bets, but it's showing how big the individual bet liabilities would be in theory, it doesn't keep track of the total market or selection liability.

Would this total current liability number have to be pulled from Betfair API? I just want the total number of how much liability gets reserved by Betfair at any given moment, per market or per market selection.
BruceLeet

Postby alrodopial » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:51 pm

You may find useful the below from ba menu:
Account->Dashboard
alrodopial

Postby BruceLeet » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:49 am

Wow, thanks, that's a brilliant overview actually, of all the betting activity.

Although still doesn't have exposure per market or per selection, which I kinda need to manage my portfolio more efficiently.
BruceLeet

Postby BruceLeet » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:51 am

BruceLeet wrote:Wow, thanks, that's a brilliant overview actually, of all the betting activity.

Although still doesn't have exposure per market or per selection, which I kinda need to manage my portfolio more efficiently.

@admins

Can this be done per market or per market selection? I see from the Dashboard that Gruss apparently has no issue in counting up both the matched exposure amounts and the unmatched exposure amounts. I'm no programmer but sounds like it might be just a simple little addition hopefuly?
BruceLeet

Return to Discussion