Betfair Minimum £2 bet

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Betfair Minimum £2 bet

Postby mandarin » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:34 pm

I am betting in running, stakes are currently under the £2 minimum, backing multiple selections if they reach a certain price and it works fine most of the time. The problem comes when you have say a faller and the price shoots straight to 1000 and I get hit for the full £2 instead of my intended stake. Is there a way I could avoid this situation? Obviously I could stake all my selections at a minimum £2 but that would be too expensive with this strategy at the moment for me.
mandarin

Re: Betfair Minimum £2 bet

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:56 pm

Sadly not, the API was amended a long time ago to allow under £2 bets where the payout was above £10 but the program still seems to use the old under £2 workaround.
Captain Sensible

Postby mandarin » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:02 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:Sadly not, the API was amended a long time ago to allow under £2 bets where the payout was above £10 but the program still seems to use the old under £2 workaround.

I didn't know that, so it's not possible to bypass the "workaround" some way and stake to the minimum API £10 payout?
mandarin

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:59 pm

Not with Gruss as far as I know.
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:00 pm

Are your bets over the £10 Mon?
Captain Sensible

Postby mandarin » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:23 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:Are your bets over the £10 Mon?

I could structure them that way to get around the problem. Why?
mandarin

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:36 pm

Because there's no way round the £2 workaround if your bets are sub £10 payouts and that might be the reason. I know you can't close out sub £2 at 1000 so assumed they hadn't coded in the £10 payouts but maybe they have as I'm not that sure as my bets are over those limits.

Maybe put your test bets to over £10 payouts and check the transaction log as that'll show what the limits are.
Captain Sensible

Postby mandarin » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:36 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:Because there's no way round the £2 workaround if your bets are sub £10 payouts and that might be the reason. I know you can't close out sub £2 at 1000 so assumed they hadn't coded in the £10 payouts but maybe they have as I'm not that sure as my bets are over those limits.

Maybe put your test bets to over £10 payouts and check the transaction log as that'll show what the limits are.

Thanks will look into that. I had 2 races today, out of a full days racing which gave me issues, so will check what the pay outs were for those cases.

Cheers
mandarin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:16 pm

It does place in one transaction if the payout is at least £10. This has been a feature for some time. Make sure you don't have the option ticked in Preferences|Staking which disables this.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:57 pm

Any reason why it won't allow you to green up at 1000 when the exposure is less than 1998? I assumed that was down to the under £2 stakes.
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:12 pm

Possibly a bug. I'll look into it.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Discussion