LAY-SP not working as expected

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

LAY-SP not working as expected

Postby bolpx001 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:08 pm

Hi All, I have a bot which places about 5 LAY-SP bets on different horses in different races Occasionally the bet is not matched but becomes lapsed.
the most recent one was as follows:
Market IE / Tipperary 29th Jun / 17:10 5f Listed
Selection The Antarctic
Bid type Lay
Bet ID 272678833341
Bet placed 29/06/2022 11:01
Persistence P
Odds req. 1.7
Stake (€) 10.01
Liability (€) 7.01
Avg. odds matched Unmatched
Profit/Loss (€) -
My question is why did it lapse, my understanding is it should have been settled at BSP What am I missing
best regards - Paul
bolpx001

Re: LAY-SP not working as expected

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:17 am

The minimum liability for an SP lay bet is £10/€10. This also applies to keep bets. If the liability is less than £10/€10 the bet will lapse instead of being matched at SP.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby xraymitch » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:50 am

Hi,

I am not familiar with SP betting but I suspect it is because your liability is less than £10.

Backers stake (what you win) should be something like £14.29 for a loss to you of £10.00

You can get more information from the link below:

https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/FAQs_theBasics.html
xraymitch

Postby bolpx001 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:57 pm

Thank you Gary and xraymitch
I really should have copped that myself but sometimes you don't see the wood from the trees - once again many thanks
Paul
bolpx001

Return to Discussion