Race time by distance

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Race time by distance

Postby vanbuuts » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi all, does anyone have - or can provide a link too, a table of average / approximate length of races by distance.

For example.

5f 1m 06s
6f 1m 18s
7f etc etc
vanbuuts

Re: Race time by distance

Postby osknows » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:34 pm

I've got the following but data may be a bit out of date, last updated 2012. The actual data was compiled by someone else some time ago but I cannot remember who, I think it was from a website or forum (perhaps even here?).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u93lgtlm4nkt542/StandardTimes%20Amended%20graphs.xls?dl=0

I've taken the data for GB and IRE and separated by Flat, Chase and Hurdle. I've then plotted time(s) vs distance (furlongs) and just taken linear best fit which is fairly accurate. It gives 3 formula to calculate race time based on number of furlongs

Flat: Time(s) = 14.057 * furlongs - 13.908
Chase: Time(s) = 15.394 * furlongs - 16.574
Hurdle: Time(s) = 14.549 * furlongs - 10.663

Obviously there is more variance the longer the race is based on other factors such as class, going and other racing conditions.

I can't see this being too far adrift now that it's 2019.

Os
osknows

Re: Race time by distance

Postby vanbuuts » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:12 pm

Thanks very much
vanbuuts

Return to Discussion