Trigger for Betfair SP - no price min

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Trigger for Betfair SP - no price min

Postby madpunter » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:30 am

Hi everyone, long time listener first time caller, I have a query about Betfair SP, and after a search I couldn't find any answer to this. If I use the trigger "BACK-SP" the bet converts to SP at the jump if it is unmatched, but how do I place a straight SP bet, ie I don't want it to attempt to be matched, I just want to take the SP price.

I see you can do BACKSP but that then sets a minimum odds required, what if you don't want to set a minimum price, you just want to place an SP bet, regardless of price?
madpunter

Re: Trigger for Betfair SP - no price min

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:16 am

Hi,

Use odds 1.01 for BACKSP if you want to accept any odds.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby madpunter » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:18 am

MarkRussell wrote:Hi,

Use odds 1.01 for BACKSP if you want to accept any odds.

Regards,
Mark

Thanks Mark, however there's a slight issue with that. That means that the bet will be matched up once the race goes off. However, if you place a BFSP bet with no minimum (via the website for example) then it is accepted as a bet then. Once you do that you see the projected SP change as a result of your bet being recorded. Doing this a minute or two out from the race gives the projected BFSP time to balance back up again after your bet. If you set a minimum odds figure, you don't get the opportunity for the BFSP to balance up a bit, because your bet isn't recognised in the system until the race jumps.

Is there no way to place a BFSP bet without an odds minimum so it is accepted as a bet the moment it is fired off?
madpunter

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi,

The BACKSP trigger doesn't currently allow for no min price to be set which is why i suggested 1.01

We are looking to see if we can change it so that you could put zero in the odds column to allow no minimum price to be set.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby madpunter » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:24 am

OK, thanks Mark. If you do make this change, could you post it in this thread?
madpunter

Return to Discussion