Selecting races from quick picks

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Selecting races from quick picks

Postby jaydoughty » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:38 pm

Hi All,

Newbie here and could do with some help.

I want my spreadsheet to lay a horse at a set price but only in certain races, for example if the race is maiden flat lay the horse, if it's a chase, don't lay.

I can get the list of meetings and times i want to get involved in.

I'm currently deleting the races I don't want from the quick picks list.

Hope I've explained what I'm trying to do.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Jay
jaydoughty

Re: Selecting races from quick picks

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:03 pm

A lot of market info gets sent to cell A1 in excel so it's probably simplest for you to add a condition to you triggers to only fire when a Maiden race is selected i.e. cell A1 would contain "Leop 21st Jun - 16:10 1m2f Mdn" the Mdn in the string means it's a maiden. There's an abbreviation list somewhere or other but simply looking at the market list on the left hand side under todays racing will show you them.

From there just let your spreadsheet do the work of deleting markets or skipping them with a -8 or -1 in the Q2. You can use either FIND (formulas) or Instr (VBA) to pick out the "Mdn" in the market string. Hopefully it makes some sense.
Captain Sensible

Postby jaydoughty » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:38 pm

Cheers Captain.

I wasn't aware of the Q2 cell being used to skip markets so will look into that tomorrow.

Thanks again
jaydoughty

Postby jaydoughty » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:52 pm

Is it going to be easier to use the race times instead?

If I have a list of times on a separate tab can i compare with the race time in cell A1 and if it's a match trigger the lay?

There may be a simpler way to do it but I'm just learning the ropes.

Cheers
jaydoughty

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:18 pm

I only used the Mdn as that's the example you posted, you just need to use whichever is easiest for you as all the market data in A1 is in a regular format so can be stripped out and used in your triggers. There are a few example sheets here viewforum.php?f=8 but plenty of examples scattered around the forum on how to strip out the start time/distance etc from A1 and you can simply compare to your list with VLookup or use VBA.

Sticking the following into a cell will extract the time from A1

=TIME(MID(A1,FIND(":",A1)-2,2),MID(A1,FIND(":",A1)+1,2),0)
Captain Sensible

Postby jaydoughty » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:54 pm

That's great Captain, worked a treat.

Thanks for your help, appreciate it!
jaydoughty

Return to Discussion