Generating P+L Reports from BA

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Generating P+L Reports from BA

Postby Deestar » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:16 am

Hi,

Given the current messing around Betfair are doing with the reporting pages from the website, I was wondering if anyone had any straight forward ways of generating similar reports from the API, or via Gruss? Or indeed if Gruss could be configured to produce those reports in the future?

Thanks in advance
Deestar

Re: Generating P+L Reports from BA

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:28 pm

getAccountStatement and listCurrentOrders should probably give you everything you need from the API if you want to recreate your own reports. I've used them in the past but to be honest it's so much easier to simply ownload the betfair CSV's.

They've put the reports page back to what they were and hard to see them changing it now after all the flack they've received. Not sure it'd be worth the effort of Gruss to add reporting when it'll most likely always be available via Betfair.
Captain Sensible

Postby Deestar » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:08 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:getAccountStatement and listCurrentOrders should probably give you everything you need from the API if you want to recreate your own reports. I've used them in the past but to be honest it's so much easier to simply ownload the betfair CSV's.

They've put the reports page back to what they were and hard to see them changing it now after all the flack they've received. Not sure it'd be worth the effort of Gruss to add reporting when it'll most likely always be available via Betfair.

Thanks. You have more confidence in them than I do re not changing going forward.
Deestar

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:24 pm

True, some of the "improvements" they're making beggar belief.
Captain Sensible

Postby Deestar » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:35 pm

Well it seems they are are at it again. How on earth dropping country and race info is meant to be an improvement is beyond me.
Deestar

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Yep that is annoying as I download the betting PnL weekly and use the Country codes :(

Fingers crossed they'll go back but I doubt it
Captain Sensible

Postby Deestar » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:39 pm

They changed the betting history page to the same format a couple of weeks back. i've asked, begged, pleaded to get that info back to no avail. By and large the country is self evident but Newcastle v Newcastle is going to pose some problems. My main grip is they have dropped all meaning race info. It's handy to distinguish between an Aus harness market and and a gallop one, or a NH meet with a flat meet in the UK.
Deestar

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:05 pm

Maybe it's time to look at the API request getAccountStatement as that does contain all the info you need to recreate the old reports, country coe, race details etc plus each indiidual bet if you need date to that degree.
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:28 pm

If we could get a consensus of what an ideal P&L report would look like I will be very happy to provide this feature with an option to export to Excel. Please post your suggestions here.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:03 am

Thanks Gary

For me it would aggregate a net profit/loss on each market providing the same information that you see returned in the market header/QPL prefixed by date and the sport type. A column for each would be ideal but not essential if there was a standard deliminator.

i.e.
[Date] - [Sport] - [Market information as per market tree header/qpl] - [Net Profit/Loss]

So for an AUS greyhound market:
24/07/2020 - Greyhound Racing - Geel (AUS) 24th Jul - 12:28 R8 460m Gr4/5 - [Net Profit/Loss]

Uk Horseracing market:
24/07/2020 - Horse Racing - Bev 24th Jul - 13:20 7f Mdn Stks - [Net Profit/Loss]

Soccer fixture:
24/07/2020 - Soccer - Ho Chi Minh City v Ha Noi T and T - 13:15 Match Odds - [Net Profit/Loss]

Ideally you would be able to generate by date and/or sport type.

Cheers
Deestar

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:18 am

I have created the basic P&L option as suggested. I will of course take further suggestions to expand it further.

See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10688
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:43 am

Thanks Gary, works well.
Deestar

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:48 am

Not at my pc , can you download the report to CSV and is it like the old Betfair bettingpandl format? Thanks
Captain Sensible

Postby Deestar » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:51 am

Captain Sensible wrote:Not at my pc , can you download the report to CSV and is it like the old Betfair bettingpandl format? Thanks

Yes. Slightly different column configuration but all the info is there.
Deestar

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:29 pm

Thanks, as long as the info is there in a regular format should be easy enough for me to parse into the old format for my dB.
Captain Sensible

Next

Return to Discussion