Generating P+L Reports from BA

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Generating P+L Reports from BA

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:13 pm

Sorry, there is an issue with exporting to CSV that I overlooked. If you are fortunate to win more than 1,000 in a market then it messes up the CSV because the amount includes a comma. I have enclosed the amount in quotes to prevent this issue. Please re-install from the same link when you get the chance.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:28 pm

Those are good issues to have.

The only other thing i noticed Gary is the time in the market info gives the local event time (so AUS time for an AUS event, UK time for a UK event) as opposed to all times as BST. Not a big deal for me, particularly as the date field includes the standardised time.
Deestar

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:39 pm

Deestar wrote:Those are good issues to have.

The only other thing i noticed Gary is the time in the market info gives the local event time (so AUS time for an AUS event, UK time for a UK event) as opposed to all times as BST. Not a big deal for me, particularly as the date field includes the standardised time.

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll see if I can change this.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:07 pm

Thanks Gary, just had a quick look and seems fine, it'd be nice if it simply saved to file rather than opening in excel if possible.

Downloaded a weeks worth (haven't tried more), Betfair's version only lets me do a couple of days so guessing you must have some code to roll it up as it was over the 1000 markets. Took a while and froze the prog whilst it was doing it, so might be best to download in downtime but a nice addition as I'll be able to parse the data into the same format used to provide so my DB can still be used.

Thanks
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:18 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:Thanks Gary, just had a quick look and seems fine, it'd be nice if it simply saved to file rather than opening in excel if possible.

Downloaded a weeks worth (haven't tried more), Betfair's version only lets me do a couple of days so guessing you must have some code to roll it up as it was over the 1000 markets. Took a while and froze the prog whilst it was doing it, so might be best to download in downtime but a nice addition as I'll be able to parse the data into the same format used to provide so my DB can still be used.

Thanks

Ok I will make it optional to open it after creating. I will move the retrieval to a background thread to prevent it blocking the rest of the application.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:46 pm

Thanks
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:47 pm

I've made it retrieve data in the background now. Also the query date range wasn't being requested how I intended. You had to put in tomorrow's date as the to date to get today's P&L. It will now retrieve today's if both dates are today. You can install from the same link.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:53 pm

Thanks, it's still opening up the CSV file in the same instance of excel as my betting sheets so it throws up debugging errors. More likely down to my sheet not referencing a distinct workbook but would be good if it simply wrote a CSV file rather than opening it as I'd guess most of us will simply use the file to import elsewhere. Another suggestion would be that it doesn't automatically download data when opened as most of us will probably stick in our own dates and sports rather than use the default one so to have it open the day's racing is a bit unneccessary. Just a couple of niggles but other than that all working fine.

Thanks..
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:23 am

I've added a tick box to allow automatic opening in Excel. If it's unticked it prompts to choose a file name and then just saves to that file.

I've also added a drop down to select which period you want the report for like the website.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:12 am

Brilliant. Particularly like the added "Please wait, it's calculating" info line. Thanks.
Deestar

Postby alrodopial » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:36 am

small "bug" :

when first started it auto updates to previous version (m)
To avoid it, install as advised, create a new shortcut from bettingassistant.exe file (in ba's folder) and use this shortcut instead
Software will not auto update further so consider rolling back to normal shortcut sometime in the future
alrodopial

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:00 pm

alrodopial wrote:small "bug" :

when first started it auto updates to previous version (m)
To avoid it, install as advised, create a new shortcut from bettingassistant.exe file (in ba's folder) and use this shortcut instead
Software will not auto update further so consider rolling back to normal shortcut sometime in the future

Was you running a version before version m when you installed this? The launcher checks if the last ran version is less than our server. So after running version m you should be able to install version n without it updating again.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:18 pm

GaryRussell wrote:I've added a tick box to allow automatic opening in Excel. If it's unticked it prompts to choose a file name and then just saves to that file.

I've also added a drop down to select which period you want the report for like the website.

Thanks, all working fine and the tweaks make it a lot more useable especially as it seems Betfair are sticking with their new version which is pretty much unuseable for anyone who does lots of markets and wants all market data.
Captain Sensible

Postby alrodopial » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:19 pm

you're right
I was running the "l" version
alrodopial

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:08 pm

Nobody said anything about the default sport being Horse Racing! I will change it to remember the last sport you selected unless anybody has a better suggestion.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion