In-play trading when abroad - how to ensure best speeds?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

In-play trading when abroad - how to ensure best speeds?

Postby InPlayRoam » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:25 pm

Hi guys,

I am currently trading from abroad using Gruss through a VPN - WeVPN - and it's just too slow. The markets don't move in the same way, feel very sticky, so I'm trying to figure out how to improve my setup.

The connection I have here is excellent, 80mb/s download and 1ms ping - but when I go through the VPN the ping shoots up, and at a minimum is around 30 and this is creating the issue outlined above.

For anyone else who is doing this type of trading, is VPS the best route? or a dedicated server? Any info or advice would be great to hear, thanks.
InPlayRoam

Re: In-play trading when abroad - how to ensure best speeds?

Postby NZbettor111 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:30 am

Hi there, to partially answer your question? I did have the same problem here in New Zealand with Geekstoy.
Same story as you, fast internet and slow software. It would also not perform tasks for much of the time and I empathize. [frustrating as]
I then changed over to Gruss AU which I accessed on Betfair. Complete with their - Betfair API.

Problem totally solved. I am currently trading at 200ms - 480ms.- awesome. I do sincerely hope that you can work through it- or around it.
FYI
Many websites insist on allowing cookies. Therefore; they do not like VPN use- but it is mainly because of new enforced laws and strict Government regulations.

Websites must now strictly adhere to these new laws and regulations. They are compelled to by Law and Government. This. in order to stymy, negate and completely stop money laundering. Hence the websites do not trust VPN users. [neither do Bookies lol] hope that helps. Regards Phil.

Furthermore, I am trying to do both. Back betting and laying all trades on Betfair, where "matched betting" is totally 100% acceptable and encouraged. No need for VPN and no need to worry about Bookies and/or being gubbed. Also you get to use their Api with Gruss, which in my humble opinion, does make all the difference 8)
NZbettor111

Return to Discussion