only use api calls 2 minutes before event

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

only use api calls 2 minutes before event

Postby watso12 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:43 pm

I have 30 horse races loaded in gruss and 30 sheets in excel, so each race has a sheet,
I only want to use api calls 2 minutes before race starts , as that is when my auto trigger bet goes to market,
How can i auotmatically only use api calls like this ?
watso12

Re: only use api calls 2 minutes before event

Postby Drunkenight » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:50 pm

Hi,
very interested to hear that you have 30 sheets in excel for 30 races. How did you manage this? Do you do it manually and link each race to a different sheet? Any help would be much appreciated.
Drunkenight

Postby watso12 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:26 pm

after setting up excel quick link, (needs done once)
i just go to excel - log multiple quick sheets quick links in gruss, then start logging
each race has to be opened in new tab 1st tho
watso12

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:46 pm

Probably easiest just to adjust your refresh rate to the max polling rate of 1000 in Q2, if you don't want to be making any unneccessary API calls, then slowly switch to streaming when you want the 'bot' to bet . Once the market has closed streaming shouldn't be gathering any data so no need to switch back to 1000 refresh rate.
Captain Sensible

Postby watso12 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:14 pm

thanks for suggestion, i have q2 set to 500, then it auto changes to 1 , 10 minutes before start of event, only problem is sometimes it takes the full 10 minutes to change to 1, not sure why
watso12

Postby Drunkenight » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 pm

Hi Watso,
Thanks for the answer. I thought that might be the case. I fear on Saturday when there are 40+ races I might get bored opening up 40 separate tabs in Gruss, one for each race. But I might give it a go. Thanks.
Drunkenight

Postby watso12 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:01 pm

yer i still have not found a way to automatically open all reaces in new tabs
watso12

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:11 pm

watso12 wrote:thanks for suggestion, i have q2 set to 500, then it auto changes to 1 , 10 minutes before start of event, only problem is sometimes it takes the full 10 minutes to change to 1, not sure why

I get the same, it seems that even though the triggers columns get processed at the end of the refresh the Q2 refresh rate doesn't get updated until after the next refresh so you have to account for that in any VBA routine you write. I think the streaming ("FULL-STREAM-ON") might come into effect on the refresh though. Been away since I've tinkered with my refresh routines and I'll try and have a look later.

Also if you're only active 2 minutes before the off would it be easier just to have the meetings in seperate tabs rather than each race. I can see the need maybe if you're saving data later or gathering data from the start but if not you'd probably be able to automate things just using tabs and can always archive data to text files if you do save data.
Captain Sensible

Postby watso12 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:39 pm

Thanks for suggestion, ill have a think about having having the meetings in seperate tabs rather than each race.
watso12

Postby Shaun » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:55 pm

If you are only triggering 2 minutes before each race and you don't need the data couldn't you just auto select each race 2 minutes before the start or even load each meeting to seperate sheets and and progress to next race at close?
Shaun

Return to Discussion