Getting matched in fast moving markets

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Getting matched in fast moving markets

Postby fusela » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:48 pm

Hi All,
I use to Auto select market set to 1 minute before the off which changes the excel sheet and loads my selection to place a bet.
I am finding that around 95% of my bets get placed 1 minute before the off but there are about 5% that are un-matched and cancelled when the event starts.

Is there a feature where the bet can be cancelled and the odds widened by a tick and to keep trying until the bet is matched?
What strategies do you all have to do cope with this?

Thanks
-fusela
fusela

Re: Getting matched in fast moving markets

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:48 pm

Have you considered adding persistence to your bets , i.e. keep in play or match at BSP if not matched before the off. Chasing down odds is never a wise idea especially when the market is in play and won't be a fully formed market so will have large gaps between back and lay prices.
Captain Sensible

Postby fusela » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:59 pm

Hi There,
I'm not chasing Odds, but I'm finding that when I excel places a bet 1 minute before the off it sometimes doesn't get matched. I don't really mind what odds I get, I just want it to be matched. Looking for options to try to maximise the number of bets that are placed.
I',m wondering if I just need to place a triggered bet with <current odds>+1 for a lay to make sure that bet gets matched.

Cheers,
Mat
fusela

Postby vanbuuts » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:38 pm

If you don’t mind what odds you get just blanket lay at 1000 and you’ll get matched then.

Or as suggested already, just add the -SP to your routine and it will convert to SP odds if unmatched at the start
vanbuuts

Postby brumbie » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:56 am

Use the UPDATE.
So you can add at the end of your trigger eg:
If T5=""
True=BACK
False=UPDATE

You could allow say 5 seconds between BACK and UPDATE by utilising the clock.

Gary/Mark has an example sheet here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5893
brumbie

Postby fusela » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Thanks All,
I've used a much simpler solution that seems to work, I'm firing in bets using the value in Column L. It's not failed me yet!

Thanks for all your ideas - it's always interesting to see how other people tackle the same problem.

-fusela
fusela

Return to Discussion