Historical Data Memory Problem

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Historical Data Memory Problem

Postby theclothcat » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:48 am

I've been running tests using the historical data and there seems to be a problem causing it to use ever increasing amounts of RAM.

I ran a test using all UK horse markets from 04/03/22 to 08/03/22. I was using your example scalping spreadsheet and ran it at X32 speed. After a while I noticed my PC getting slower so I checked the resources using Task Manager. It reported Betting Assistant was using about 4Gb memory. I left it for an hour or so and it reported Betting Assistant was using about 5Gb. After leaving it overnight my PC was unusably slow so I could not check how much memory is was using again, but clearly a lot.
theclothcat

Re: Historical Data Memory Problem

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:54 am

Try disabling chart history. Open preferences from the options menu, select general preferences tab and change "record up to .... hours of chart history" to zero.

1) Were all markets on one quick pick list?

2) How many minutes before the start did you select each market?

3) In historical data preferences how many hours/minutes before the start have you set to load?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Re: Historical Data Memory Problem

Postby theclothcat » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:40 am

Thanks Gary. In answer to your questions:

1. Yes, all markets were on one quick pick list.
2. 5 Mins before the start.
3. I think it was 30 minutes.

I've worked around the problem by only loading 1 day of UK races into the quick pick list for each test that I'm doing, then emptying then quick pick list, and then repeating the test with one new day of races at a time.

I will also try disabling chart history.
theclothcat

Return to Discussion