Advice for a new horse trader

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Advice for a new horse trader

Postby Karrimo » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:48 pm

Hi All

So, I have been trading on and off for a year or two. Virtually all of my trading has been just following various strategies that I have found in videos, either trading football, cricket, tennis and to a lesser degree horse racing.

I have had some success, but I have also had failures. I have now decided that it is high time I tried to take this a little more seriously and use this great bit of software to learn how to do this properly. As I said previously, I have done the odd bit of horse racing trading, but it has been one of the ones which I have not done very well with. I would now like that to change.

What I would like to do is find the basis of a horse racing strategy that I can play around with and learn inside out and put into practice. I would really like some advice from everyone here on how I go about this. Yes, there are a million videos online that I could try and copy, but I would really like to take ownership of something, a basic strategy that I can develop and fine tune.

I would really like to know from people who trade horse racing where they started. What data do you use and where do you get it? What advice would you give me with regards to a strategy that I can play around with? Should I just stick to one that I like the look of on the internet and learn it inside out? I'm just not quite sure where to start.

Any advice you can give me would be very gratefully received.
Karrimo

Re: Advice for a new horse trader

Postby vanbuuts » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:16 pm

Copying strategies is a sure fire way to the poor house. Firstly ask, why would someone share something so openly for nothing if it was successful? And even if it was, chances are by the time you’ve discovered it, any edge would be long since gone.
Do not be tempted to pay for tips or follow tipsters either, same rule as above applies only these people don’t stick around for long once they’ve pocketed your money - the are likely to also operate as an affiliate getting you to join betting sites through their links that’ll earn them money each time you LOSE!

My advice would be to plough your own furrow. You need a good data source, from here you can study, analyse, test and build up patterns. You’re looking to create something others haven’t or aren’t. I use https://www.racing-bet-data.com/dashboard/ for my system creation and data source.
The data dashboard is really useful as are the daily files. You’ll probably need excel to maximise its offerings though, but for what you’d get it’s very reasonably priced - around the same cost as a gruss subscription from what I remember.

Best of luck with it, stick with it and be patient - good things come to those who wait (and put in the effort)
vanbuuts

Re: Advice for a new horse trader

Postby Karrimo » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:46 pm

Thank you very much for the advice and honest reply. As it happens, I joined that site a couple days ago however it did seem rather complicated when all the data came up. I will open it up again this weekend and see if I can make sense of it all.
Karrimo

Return to Discussion