Quick Pick List

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Quick Pick List

Postby mandarin » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:24 pm

Recently I have had problems with racing markets on the QPL. There is a delay sometimes for the market to load when changing to next race. It is only fairly recently that it has been a problem. Today when it moved to load the 13.10 Fakenham it just stuck and would not load at all. Anyone else had this? I am using Virgin Media and it seems fine @ 100 Mbs. Thanks.
mandarin

Re: Quick Pick List

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:56 am

It's either your internet connection or something changed at your end. Do you link Betting Assistant to Excel? It waits for the latest Excel update to complete before it can finish loading the next market. If so has anything in your workbook been changed?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby mandarin » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:35 am

Here is a video of it doing it today. Excel has not been started yet so it's not that. Two other observations. I changed from Kaspersky to Bitdefender could that be the cause? Also sometimes when I start BA I get a message "cannot connect to Betfair from your location" or similar. I will capture it next time. I am not using a VPN. Thanks
mandarin

Postby mandarin » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:36 am

Video didn't post. How do I do that? It was made using Windows Gamebar.
mandarin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:58 am

mandarin wrote:Here is a video of it doing it today. Excel has not been started yet so it's not that. Two other observations. I changed from Kaspersky to Bitdefender could that be the cause? Also sometimes when I start BA I get a message "cannot connect to Betfair from your location" or similar. I will capture it next time. I am not using a VPN. Thanks

I'm not aware of Bitdefender causing issues. If Betfair sometimes does not like your location then something unusual is happening and is possibly related. I am on Virgin Media and have never seen that message. Make sure there are no Windows updates outstanding and reboot your PC and router.

What size is the file and what is the file extension? It's probably just too big for our forum software to accept. Most people upload videos to a free file sharing site like mediafire.com

You could also send us a diagnostic log. Select "Open settings folder" from the options menu then email today's log from "Diagnostic Logs" to admin@gruss-software.co.uk
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby mandarin » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:28 pm

ok thanks will look at all of that today. The file was 20 meg. Cheers
mandarin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:30 pm

I received your log thank you. There are many requests timing out. You have a poor connection to the API for some reason. It's not possible for me to tell you why unfortunately. I can only recommend rebooting PC and router as suggested previously.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby mandarin » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:37 pm

Thanks Gary I have run the Virgin tests and it is coming up as an intermittent issue. So will probably need an engineer out to check it fully. Thanks for your help and Happy new Year.
mandarin

Return to Discussion