EXCEL Ladder Trading

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby Dedes » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:33 pm

Hi,

Ok First picture: normal situation

Second picture:

Back Bet

Like you can see, the last column shows the profit/loss situation. The potential loss is equal to the matched part of our bet, like you can see on column "Matched Stake". So, the Net cell just needs to read this last column. The Net cell or buttom with show 5£, we would click on it and we would be capable of making a fast Lay bet of 5£. Now, here's a question: Should the unmatched part of the bet be cancel or not? To make things simple, I think it should be cancel at the same time the Lay bet is made. But it would be great to make the net buttom a litle more inteligent, and when the Lay bet of 5£ is made and the last 5£ of the stake are filled the Net buttom would show again 5£. Here, you can't read the amount to Lay from the Profit/Loss column because at this time the first Lay Bet could have be filled already. To know the exact amount for the second Lay we have to ways: One is if we had the betting history on Excel like we have on BA; the second way would be to make some math but along with the beting history. At this point I'm a bit lost too.

Here its a Lay bet

Its the same idea as before. On the profit/loss column the part matched from the bet is the positive value of 8£. It can be read from the Matched column too.

I think a Net buttom is a precious thing. Maybe that's way its so dificult to explain and specially to make it work.

I hope with this information you develop a Net buttom. I will read a couple of things that might help you with this too.

Dedes.
Dedes

Postby Dedes » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:57 pm

Maybe this will help:

The Net Button displays the user's Net position on this selection and when selected as a Stake button it will submit whatever it's value is at the exact time that the user clicks on the Back or Lay collumn.

Dedes
Dedes

Postby a1ehouse » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:33 pm

Thanks Dedes

If I understand you correctly, the columns of interest are:
    N - Trigger - to establish the inverse of the initial bet - whether the Net should be a Back or Lay
    T - Matched Stake - to establish how much to inverse bet
The functionality behind the button would be:
    Grab the values in N and T
    Cancel the unmatched bet
    Place the inverse bet (N) at the correct stake (T) depending on the what the inverse odds are

I am sure there is a video in this forum somewhere which has examples of this in action. Anyone any ideas where it can be found?
a1ehouse

Postby Dedes » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:35 pm

Yes, that's it!

Videos? The only ones I know are here http://gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=254

This net button is very used on another software. I have some videos of it being used but they're a bit big to be sent by mail.

But if you wish to see them maybe there's a way to send you those videos
Dedes

Postby a1ehouse » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:27 pm

Right - an update...

Still having some teething problems with keeping the bet history as well as cancelling and clearing bets, but at the moment it is working ok with some very basic testing. I can get some triggers in for now. Had the Net and Hedge buttons working to a certain extent, but I need to verify what happens when bets are placed, when they can be recorded and when they show as matched/unmatched. Another screeny for y'all tho!

I found the video I was after aswell, so I will look at developing bLaDdeR some more soon.
a1ehouse

Postby Dedes » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:28 pm

Looks very nice! It would be wonderful to test it. If you need any help...

Would it be possible to reverse the Back side to Lay side and vice versa?
Dedes

Postby jmorrell » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:54 pm

This is looking excellent, big pat on the back for your effort. it's looks great...

didn't you want a matched bet unmatched bet history box...

joe
jmorrell

Postby a1ehouse » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:26 pm

I did and do have one to a certain extent, just not happy with what it's doing and how it's firing the bets. I am sending it to Dedes for another pair of eyes, so if you want to have a look as well Joe, pm me your email addy. I've also just added a reverse odds function for Dedes.
a1ehouse

Postby jmorrell » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:58 pm

pm sent :)

joe
jmorrell

Postby thunderfoot » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:08 pm

a1ehouse wrote:Right - an update...

Still having some teething problems with keeping the bet history as well as cancelling and clearing bets, but at the moment it is working ok with some very basic testing. I can get some triggers in for now. Had the Net and Hedge buttons working to a certain extent, but I need to verify what happens when bets are placed, when they can be recorded and when they show as matched/unmatched. Another screeny for y'all tho!

I found the video I was after aswell, so I will look at developing bLaDdeR some more soon.

a1ehouse,

I like the look of yours better than mine (as the actress said to the bishop!!)
Mines been on the back-burner for some time now, as I've been concentrating more on finding a decent system & betting strategy. Found a couple of decent betting strategies; the one I liked was a 'Square Root' strategy over on the PuntersLounge Forum.

Must dust my system off and make it work with all the planned bows & whistles :wink:
thunderfoot

Postby funky » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:00 pm

hey thunderfoot,
care to elaborate on what this square root strategy is?
funky

Postby GeorgeUK » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:13 pm

I think the strategy is the good old : bet your stake and square root of your profits
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby funky » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:46 am

funny - I've come across this somewhere previously but never got round to backtesting it in my race database.

Maybe now's a good time
funky

Postby a1ehouse » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:23 am

funky wrote:hey thunderfoot,
care to elaborate on what this square root strategy is?

Have a look here for a good explanation of the square root strategy.
...it maekesh me do a shecks wee...
a1ehouse

Postby GeorgeUK » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:41 am

funky wrote:funny - I've come across this somewhere previously but never got round to backtesting it in my race database.

Maybe now's a good time

I don't need to backtest it on mine - need to get into profit to use it :roll:
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Previous

Return to Discussion