Remotely Run Betting Assistant

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby crocogotter » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:59 pm

mak wrote:you will need to install excel
so upload a copy of excel somewhere like google drive (if you have fast connection it would be perfect otherwise you willhave to wait a lot :) )

Hi mak, many thanks for your reply.

I've never used google drive, could I not simply download a copy from Microsoft or a retailer?

Also, given that you have to pay per copy for Excel, what happens if the virtual server has problems or I want to/need to upgrade it, would I have to pay for it again?
crocogotter

Postby mak » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:27 pm

you can download it from microsoft or the retailer but you shoud keep a copy in your hard driver too
mak

Postby crocogotter » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 am

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.
crocogotter

Re: Remotely Run Betting Assistant

Postby Roadhouse » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Hi I'm interested in using tagadab server, could anyone give me some advice on the plan I should go for? I use four excel sheets all for in running and any data I have in them at the end of the day I just copy to another file.
Roadhouse

Postby Jesy_par » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:42 am

Fascinated by your discussion, do have a look at

http://g.ho.st

doubt if it can work as effectively as tagadab (clara net - a company I have very high regard for) but so far ghost is still free whilst in beta. I dabbled with it a year or so ago and found it interesting.
Jesy_par

Postby BertieBert » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:41 pm

what are people using to do this these days?

are people still with tagadab or as they now seem to be called simply cloud?
BertieBert

Postby Daywalker » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:52 am

Hi Bertie Bert,

I've recently tried Amazon AWS, using the free tier, but am now back on the SimplyCloud/Tagadab basic setup - 1Gb, 1 core, 20Gb storage and Windows Server 2019, just like Windows 10. It works fine. AWS had this burst feature that takes you into chargeable level for what seems nothing. It was beyond my level. SimplyCloud is easy to set up and use, my bot runs constant without issues.

D
Daywalker

Postby BertieBert » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:46 pm

thanks for the info. if you don't mind me asking what did you use for excel licence?
BertieBert

Postby Daywalker » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:27 am

I paid £10 for an Office 2019 key from Electronic First, which is where I'd got a key a few years back, and that worked fine. They are supposed to be one time use only keys, so if you delete your VPS you lose it. I have used this one twice though, without issue (that may be because I reused it within a couple of months?).
Daywalker

Postby SWV » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:26 am

Things have certainly moved on since I look at a remote server.

Cloud? Isn't that just for storage?

This plan look suitable?

https://cloud.simplyhosting.cloud/techn ... rtuals/new
SWV

Previous

Return to Discussion