Remotely Run Betting Assistant

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby Steve Voltage » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:30 pm

andrew@tagadab wrote:Hi, I hope this isn't too late to be of any use but service has been restored and the explanation (which I've shamelessly cribbed from our website) is as follows:

26/07/2010 20:49 This issue is now resolved. It was caused by a distributed denial of service (DDOS) attack on one of our customers. This is the first such attack since our network upgrade a few months ago, and our network was not affected, in fact the impact was so slight that no alarms were raised. However an upstream link was almost saturated. We will work with our network provider to ensure this is dealt with automatically in future.

The full story is at www.tagadab.com/servicestatus

Andrew

Interesting to see that "Automated online gambling" is one of the top six in intended use section.
Steve Voltage

Postby knot » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:08 pm

Arnold wrote:
GaryRussell wrote:BA works from the clock on your PC.

Loading a market 1min before the off would not be the same for every pc it would appear. i have an acer netbook that has a very unreliable clock. wouldnt it be better if all api products got there clock from betfair ?

I use the following program that seems ok. This should sort your problem.

http://www.greyware.com/software/domain ... t-free.asp
knot

Postby mak » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:07 am

Gary, hi from this thread too.. :)

this is not for BA but need an opinion if you have an idea
my system vps is a windows 2008 server

i have installed this from a suggestion of user knot some posts above
http://www.greyware.com/software/domain ... t-free.asp

i tried to set it up to get the times from page 3 of this post where it suggest the servers that bf uses in order the clock of the server to be as close to bf times...

what i noticed is that there where time differences sometimes 2-3 minutes
so i uninstall it (probably my mistake to the setup of the program?)

Now the default server time.windows.com of windows still it loses even 1 minute per hour! and i have to manual adjust the time...

Before i install the application there where no issues at all

Any ideas how i can fix this??
:x
mak

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:38 am

Sorry I'm afraid I don't have a clue. You could try a system restore to a time before you installed this software. You can also try asking the VPS provider if it could be their problem.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby mak » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:02 am

i already mention them & they can't find something wrong...
i dislike system restore..probably will go with a format..
mak

Postby eclipse » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:04 am

You need to ask your server provider to decouple the time on your vps so you can run your own time sync program. I use Analogx, it a neat little program that I set to update the time every hour, never more than a second out.
http://www.analogx.com/contents/downloa ... eeware.htm
eclipse

Postby mak » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:26 am

hi eclipse
i have try the following
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptsync.asp

and this one
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_inet_time.htm

i have already told them to check what is happening but no luck yet
i will mail them about ""decouple the time on my vps""
and see what they suggest

didn't know that word

decouple [ˌdiːˈkʌpəl]
vb
(Electronics) (tr) to separate (joined or coupled subsystems) thereby enabling them to exist and operate separately

thanks a lot both of you
mak

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:11 pm

I have just been informed that Betfair's servers are now in Ireland. You may want to consider this when choosing a VPS provider.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby ddaann » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:55 pm

I came back today after few days off and see that Tagadab BF ping is gone from 10-12ms to 22-25ms. Not much difference to home broadband at the moment, few ms, don't think it is worth £30p/m now.
ddaann

Postby greenfingers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:33 pm

OMG! I've just noticed that the ping on BA from home is now 150ms average. Presumably this is due to the servers new location? No wonder I've been struggling the past few days. I can't believe it. :x :x :x :x :x
greenfingers

Postby greenfingers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Hang on, it's back to 60ms..............still slower than before........!
greenfingers

Postby danjuma » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:27 pm

GaryRussell wrote:It is exactly what you need. A cheaper alternative is a VPS, http://www.easyspace.com/virtual_servers/standard_vps for example. You are sharing the machine with a small number of other users when you use a VPS so performance may not be as good.

Anybody tried or have any experience of the above mentioned VPS provider. Seems a bit cheaper than Tagadab? Cheers
danjuma

Postby Dai_Young » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:01 pm

danjuma wrote:
GaryRussell wrote:It is exactly what you need. A cheaper alternative is a VPS, http://www.easyspace.com/virtual_servers/standard_vps for example. You are sharing the machine with a small number of other users when you use a VPS so performance may not be as good.

Anybody tried or have any experience of the above mentioned VPS provider. Seems a bit cheaper than Tagadab? Cheers

Haven't tried them yet but I will now you have reminded me about them. Not that I've ever had any problems with Tagadab, but Easy Space seem considerably cheaper.

Will let you know how I get on.
Dai_Young

Postby danjuma » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Dai_Young wrote:
danjuma wrote:

Haven't tried them yet but I will now you have reminded me about them. Not that I've ever had any problems with Tagadab, but Easy Space seem considerably cheaper.

Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers.
danjuma

Postby Dai_Young » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:44 am

Think I'll be sticking with Tagadab for the time being. When you add the VAT and additional charges for remote desktop access (£6 per month), Easy Space doesn't work out all that much cheaper.

Furthermore, I had several problems accessing my virtual server remotely. Their tech support was OK but I still had to reboot the server every day to be able to access it. I also found it very sluggish compared to Tagadab despite, notionally, having more RAM with Easy Space.
Dai_Young

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion