Remotely Run Betting Assistant

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby danjuma » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Dai_Young wrote:Think I'll be sticking with Tagadab for the time being. When you add the VAT and additional charges for remote desktop access (£6 per month), Easy Space doesn't work out all that much cheaper.

Furthermore, I had several problems accessing my virtual server remotely. Their tech support was OK but I still had to reboot the server every day to be able to access it. I also found it very sluggish compared to Tagadab despite, notionally, having more RAM with Easy Space.

Thanks for the feedback m8. Cheers!
danjuma

Postby Lewis » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:54 pm

I have been using tagadab for some time and have found them to have excellent up-time. in 18 months they have had a few hours of downtime with a DDOS attack if I remember. They quickly sorted it and were very honest about the situation.

However - is anyone else having clock issues, if I leave my server for a few days it can be wildly out of sync with the actual time, I mean up to 2 minutes after 4-5 days?

I regularly reboot it to resync and I am aware that I could sync it with an online atomic clock but just find that sort of time difference over a few days to be worrying.
Lewis

Postby Lewis » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Also...

Anyone keen to discuss hardware/software on Tagadab. I am on to 1024 version with excel 2003 or server 2003. Anyone think there would be much advantage moving to newer versions? I benefit massively from fast execution as I predominantly scalp so milliseconds are important - sadly I am not vested with enough experience to fine-tune this sort of stuff but manage to chug along.
Lewis

Postby guayanes » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:55 pm

went with giga-international.com because of low cost. However,for some reason VBA does not work in my 2010 Excel installation and havent been able to run my Macros enabled spreadsheet :shock:
guayanes

up and running with giga-international

Postby guayanes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:36 am

My installation problems where just a corrupted Microsoft Windows file.
Up and running now however I never get more than an average of 180 ms ping wich seems very slow to you guys but is a big improvement over the 600 ms I get from home in Venezuela . I only pay 15 Eur a month for 2008 Server ,100 Gig Disk .2 GB Ram. had to install my own Microdoft Office which I got online for $29 at https://wholesalesoftwareprovider.com/index.php

Giga-international http://www.giga-international.com/?show=vserver
guayanes

Postby RJM » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:16 pm

@guayanes

Thanks for the link for the Microsoft Software - I have just purchased the Microsoft Office 2010 for just £20.00!

Great find!
RJM

Postby robm232 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:54 pm

@RJM just wondering how that download of Office 2010 went? I need to buy a copy and was intrigued when I saw your post but there is a fair amount of stuff on the net about that software seller being a scam of some sort!!! On the other hand they seem to be properly rated by the BBB so I'm unsure...

Thanks, Rob
robm232

Postby RJM » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:28 pm

@robm232

No problems.

I ordered through "Google Checkout" and received an immediate response.

Within, 3 hours I got the "download link" and the "registration key". Once, I started to install the software the "Microsoft screen" requested the "registration key" of which I duly entered and the software installed perfectly.

After that all the "Microsoft updates" then installed.

All my other/previous Microsoft software is registered and I am pretty sure the "Microsoft pirate software" warning screen would have popped-up by now if it was dodgy.

Regards
RJM

Postby robm232 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:08 am

@RJM

thanks for the feedback, glad it worked perfectly
cheers, rob
robm232

Postby guayanes » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:36 pm

robm232 wrote:@RJM just wondering how that download of Office 2010 went? I need to buy a copy and was intrigued when I saw your post but there is a fair amount of stuff on the net about that software seller being a scam of some sort!!! On the other hand they seem to be properly rated by the BBB so I'm unsure...

Thanks, Rob

I actually activated my Office 2010 through a call a placed to Microsoft in Washington State . It all clicked and they activated me over the phone .if It had been scam software I do not think that would had happened,actually
guayanes

International customer

Postby Alexandru » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:02 pm

As an international user, I am routed to Malta and this is extra 120ms compared to Uk customers.

My question is: Betfair route you to Malta based on your IP address or your account national base?

Using an UK (Ireland) VPN helps an international user to bypass Malta and any additionl Lag entailed in this?

Any help appreciated.
Alexandru

Re: International customer

Postby alrodopial » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:35 am

Alexandru wrote:As an international user, I am routed to Malta and this is extra 120ms compared to Uk customers.

My question is: Betfair route you to Malta based on your IP address or your account national base?

Using an UK (Ireland) VPN helps an international user to bypass Malta and any additionl Lag entailed in this?

Any help appreciated.

Your account is what they are looking for.
A UK VPN will still go through Malta servers for an international user :(
alrodopial

Postby crocogotter » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:23 am

I've found this thread very interesting, and wondered if anyone still uses a remote server? Tagadab seem to be charging £15 a month for a windows virtual server, with 1024RAM and 35GB storage, guessing that would be sufficient to run BA (refresh rate of 1 sec) and an Excel spreadsheet written only with formulas (no VBA for me yet lol) given others seemed to be using less than that earlier in the thread.

Obviously my method will go tits up now I'm considering stepping things up, but given that I tend to be away from home a lot in the summer months this would enable me to continue running things as long as I can get 10 minutes internet time a day, to update the spreadsheet with each day's selections.

So, any info from anyone still using or considering using a remote server would be gratefully appreciated, especially with regard to setting things up on the server and how, and how easy it is, to access it once it's set up.

Many thanks in advance.
crocogotter

Postby mak » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:46 am

it is easy to set up.
the provider will give a virtual machine with windows installed.

you will need to install excel
so upload a copy of excel somewhere like google drive (if you have fast connection it would be perfect otherwise you willhave to wait a lot :) )

and you will need yo instal BA too

imagine the vps like your desktop...

you can connect with remote desktop connection through windows
see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnAaZBl-tUI
but you could connect also with an android device or iphone-ipad

your provider will give you when the set up is ready
an ip
a username
and a password

that's all
mak

Postby osknows » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:09 pm

If it's just a case of being away from home you can remote in to your home PC using several remote apps. This is one of the best as it works on almost all phone/pad platforms http://www.splashtop.com/personal
osknows

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion