Blog posts on Betting Assistant

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Blog posts on Betting Assistant

Postby greenfingers » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Any newbies to Betting Assistant or traders thinking about using it may find my (favourable) review of interest:

http://betfairtradingmindgames.blogspot.com/2009/05/trading-software-and-google-reader.html
:wink:
greenfingers

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:50 pm

You talk about Betting Assistant in such positive terms that it looks like we wrote it :D
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby greenfingers » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:32 pm

:lol:
I'd just like to state here for any doubters that I'm not affiliated with Gruss, just a happy customer. Cheers!
greenfingers

Postby xraymitch » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi,

As you can see I am not a newbie to BA but through your excellent review my eyes were opened to the possibilities of the "Custom Columns" feature.

Thanks for such an informative and intelligent blog I look forward to reading it in depth later.

Cheers,

Ray 8)
xraymitch

Postby greenfingers » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:00 am

Thanks Ray. That's good to hear :D
greenfingers

Postby pugs » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:54 am

Hello Greenfingers,

That’s a great blog, and very informative.

I am slightly biased because I think the Gruss software is the best thing since sliced bread anyway, but not without good reason, as I have trialled every (free trial version) Betfair betting interface out there.

Out of them all I found the STW the most feature/option packed, but did find I was frequently referring to the user manual because of this. Plus it was plagued with stability/connection to API issues, so much so that I always had Gary’s Betfair Trader open to get me out the quagmire fast. A fitting tribute to the birth of what has become a truly outstanding piece of software, and we all know Gary and Mark are not resting on their laurels.

I found your grid layout of particular interest. I quite often tweak my grid to suit my needs, and needs change, so Gary and Marks efforts to make it so customizable are a godsend.
I will be making another small change/improvement to mine after viewing yours, so thanks for that.

You also make good use of the “custom columns”. I found these very useful when Gruss first introduced them but soon learned I was only using one or two custom columns for horses, and one or two for football (I am not very diverse in my betting habits for each event) so I found that “user profiles” suited my needs better, and kept the layout perfectly suited, and to an absolute minimal for each event.

Greenfingers, thanks for posting and sharing your blog.
pugs

Postby greenfingers » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Thanks very much Pugs. The Profiles of Betting Assistant are a good feature and you make a good point. I could make better use of this functionality. I would really like to be able to copy profiles so I could then edit the copy for a new purpose. I don't think that is possible at the moment? Cheers!
greenfingers

Postby andak fedal » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm really enjoying automating my betting again using the excel integration through Betting Assistant.

I must admit I found it quite daunting at first but it's easier than you think and I wish more would give it a go.

I've done a review of Betting Assistant and hopefully it will encourage more to give this excellent software a try. My review can be found here: http://www.bettingtools.co.uk/blog/gruss-betting-assistant-software-review/
andak fedal

Re: Blog posts on Betting Assistant

Postby doncht » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:15 pm

Nice of you to have done this and nice words of choice. Cheers!
doncht

Postby zuqiu1234 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:00 am

As you can see I am not a newbie to BA but through your excellent review my eyes were opened to the possibilities
zuqiu1234

Postby GRUSSZOOM » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:39 am

Betting Assistant has changed my life (for the better). I can make decisions in less than 1 second and act upon them all within that same second - amazing.
GRUSSZOOM

Postby lonetrader » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:44 am

I am new to BA so please forgive me.
If I am on (say) Soccer Match Odds How do I change the screen to Correct Score?
lonetrader

Postby MarkRussell » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:23 am

lonetrader wrote:I am new to BA so please forgive me.
If I am on (say) Soccer Match Odds How do I change the screen to Correct Score?

Hi,

You need to open the Correct Score Market and there are several ways of finding the market.
If you have the Match Odds Market in the Quick Pick List you can right click on the Market and select "Related Markets" from the popup list.
You will then see the Correct Score Market listed where you can open it in the current tab page or in a new tab page.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby TOCA989 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:28 pm

Hello,
Please have one question. How do I put in "Conditional Bets" in stake liability "all in" ?
TOCA989

Postby Mistermind » Sat May 01, 2021 12:01 pm

After BA logon comes the onscreen popup message "Please wait, loading markets".

It is not kidding because this morning I timed the loading to last 65 seconds. This expenditure of time is repeated every time I logon to BA. There will be occasions when time is money lost.

I only want UK horseracing markets. Is there or can there be added an option for faster markets upload limited to UK horseracing only?
Mistermind

Next

Return to Discussion