NonRunners updated?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

NonRunners updated?

Postby GeorgeUK » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:09 pm

Have betfair changed the way they deal with non-runners recently?

I have not actually seen this, but it used to be the case where if there was a non-runner, it's name would still appear, but there would not be any odds shown for it (on excel)

Now this is not the case.

I can't think of a way around this problem if i use my spreadsheet to automatically bet x min before a race starts.
eg
Horse1 3.2
Horse2 5.2
Horse3 11.5
Horse4 13

If i have my workbook set up to BACK horse2 if the odds are >= 6
If horse1 becomes a non-runner, it used to be the case that in excel the row apart from the name would be blank.
I think it now disappears and the other horses get moved up.
As i already have a bet ready to be triggered on row2 (for horse2)
when the non-runner is removed Horse3 moves into horse2's old position and the bet is put on that horse instead as the odds are > 6

I know i can do a check to ensure that the bets i have on the betting sheet match my selections, but that does not stop any bets already on the table as it were from being put on the wrong selection.

Has anyone else come across this?
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby The Gambling Monkey » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:54 pm

I got round this problem by creating a master list of runners, then using INDEX and MATCH functions in Excel.
The Gambling Monkey

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:13 pm

I previously had a sheet that used the lookup functions and seemed to work fine as it bet on the named runner rather than position. If you're betting on actual horses rather than their position in the betting it might be worth considering. The details code etc are under http://gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewt ... c&start=15
Captain Sensible

Return to Discussion