First difference between API BA and Web BA

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

First difference between API BA and Web BA

Postby Alexandru » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:09 pm

First when I tried API BA, I was a little upset that 'actual' refresh rate does not reach 0,5sec. 1 sec is fastest you can get, in comparison with Web BA where you can easily have 0,5 sec.

However, I opened both programs and FIRST you see a change in API BA and after that in Web BA. Amazing! I hope this will help us make more money! ;)

Thank you Gary!

If anyone noticed other improvements/drawbacks, share them here.
Alexandru

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:16 pm

I can do something about the refresh. At the moment it sends 2 requests (1 for prices and 1 for bets) on each refresh. If all your bets are matched then it only needs to request prices or if there is a non runner removed then refresh the bets once. This still means 2 refreshes while you have unmatched bets. I am still considering what to do.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

1 or 2 requests

Postby Alexandru » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:25 pm

Gary,

it is nice to have all the information such as last match, tot match, but when it comes to making money, an important advantage is to get the new information (prices) as soon as possible. If API BA will be quicker by sending 1 request, then go for it. Most of us will be very thankful to you.

If you can make that users can choose that the program will send 1 or 2 requests, that also will be fantastic.

Let API BA be the fastest application!
Alexandru

Postby Alexandru » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:16 am

Hi Gary,

currently i prefer to use BA web version because it MUCH quicker than the api version.
What is the point if I see a price I want to back/lay and when I actually push the button, the price is not anymore there when it reaches the market.

Can you make the api version at least as quick as web version?

Thank you.
Alexandru

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:55 am

It is as fast as the web version as far as I can tell. I think it is a little unfair to say it is slower.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby speedypro » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:58 am

what about a toggle on priority, dont know if that is possible or not, but you might want priority on matched bet info or some would prefer priority on price info.
I would go for price although on occasions it would be whether a particular bet has been matched.
speedypro

Return to Discussion