Chase Stop Loss trigger

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Chase Stop Loss trigger

Postby NorthView » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:08 pm

When using a Lay trigger with a stop loss in running, the new Chase option will help in cases where the price has shot down quickly through the stop loss level, too fast for it to fire, but bounces back or holds for long enough for the back bet to be matched, despite the Betfair delay.

In cases where the price continues to drop rapidly though, the stop loss will never be matched, resulting in a large potential loss.

Is it possible to have another option for the Chase trigger, to start the chase at x ticks or y% lower than it otherwise would?
NorthView

Postby NorthView » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:29 pm

After 3 days of testing with no mishaps, I've just had a horse I layed at 20 shorten so fast in running the stop loss didn't initially catch it.

Fortunately the Chase trigger parameter kicked in and I got matched at 3.3, just as well because it won soon after.

Thanks for this Gary, it saved me a lot...but could my suggestion above be considered?
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:50 am

Yes it will definitely be considered.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby zemedelec » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:18 am

Hi,

may I ask if this "chase" option for stop loss is available in BA? I am actually having problem with unmatched stop losses ..

Thanks for info.
zemedelec

Postby Royville » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi,

So what's this 'Chase option' ? Was it ever implemented ?

Regards
Royville
Royville

Postby MarkRussell » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Royville wrote:Hi,

So what's this 'Chase option' ? Was it ever implemented ?

Regards
Royville

Hi,

The Chase Option was added to the Beta version some time ago.

To use the option you must also use the Level Loss option.
So to use the option first set the "Chase Delay", the default being 1 second.
Then with this option ticked if the Stop Loss bet has been submitted and remains unmatched after the Chase Delay has elapsed then the Stop Loss bet will be cancelled and resubmitted at the current odds.
The chase process will be repeated until the Stop Loss bet is matched or the market closes.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby zemedelec » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi Mark,

thanks for reply. I have really a silly question - how do I recognize if I have beta version installed? I use official download link on your pages ...
Also, how can I implement this chase function into trigger? Did not find any info bout it in help section.

Thanks
zemedelec

Postby zemedelec » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:23 pm

I did it again, asking before searching :) I found this :

http://gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewt ... ight=chase

chase option explained here. now have to find out if I have right version installed ...
zemedelec

Re:

Postby Optimus_Primed » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:42 am

GaryRussell wrote:Yes it will definitely be considered.

A very old post I realize but has this moved any closer to happening?
Optimus_Primed

Return to Discussion