Lost all of my settings due to a "corruption" msg?

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Lost all of my settings due to a "corruption" msg?

Postby BruceLeet » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:46 am

I was on version 1.3.0.49h and opened up Gruss like normally but was greeted by an error msg saying my settings have been corrupted and to get a new version or something, the software still loaded up but all my settings and ladder layouts etc were completely reset back to default.

Installed the new version right away but my settings are still gone, how do I get them back?
BruceLeet

Re: Lost all of my settings due to a "corruption" msg?

Postby BruceLeet » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:11 pm

Btw the profile that I used was always "Default"
BruceLeet

Postby BruceLeet » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:33 pm

In AppData->Roaming etc folder the file "user_config" seems to have been freshly created today and has probably overwritten the old one, I'm assuming it doesn't backup the previous file somewhere? There is a "user_.config" file of 55 bytes next to it but it has nothing in it.

Does this mean I'm completely stuffed and will have to recreate my perfect profile from scratch?
BruceLeet

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:30 am

Sorry, there is no automatic backup. Once you are happy with your settings you can always take a copy of user.config manually.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Help