new old excel

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

new old excel

Postby knot » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:20 pm

ive been using excel 2007 on a free trial, now i have a earlier version of excel which backs the selections like it should but no bet is made on BA. do i need to change something on the earlier version? :? i think the version is xp pro if that helps.
knot

Postby knot » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:17 am

anybody? :(
knot

Postby Mitch » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:24 am

That sounds very strange. Both versions of Excel are doing what they should but bets only get placed by BA when you're using Excel 2007?

I don't think it can be the version of Excel as I've used XP for months with no problems until recently. The only thing I can think of is if your spreadsheet has been changed slightly in being converted from one version to the other. Does your sheet use formulas or macros?

To make sure its' not your spreadsheet, you could get BA to export data to a new (blank) workbook, then manually fill the odds, stake, and trigger in to place a Lay at 1.01 for £2 for example, and see what happens.
Mitch

Postby GeorgeUK » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:29 am

Still not tested 2007 so not sure if this will work, but you could try registering excel on your system. Find the path to your old excel program and put it in inverted commas as below. Then do /regserver outside the quotation marks.

Sart - run ... type in as below
"c:\Program Files\...\Excel.exe" /regserver
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby knot » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:44 pm

HELLO. still having problems with this i can make bets manually ok with excel. But excel will trigger a back but nothing happens on BA when left on its own. my 2007 trial runs out on the 25th. :cry: please help.
knot

Postby GeorgeUK » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:24 am

What exactly are you doing?

Is the trigger you are using in capitals? BACK
for BA (the non API version), it will not automatically ask you to log in. You need to do this yourself
(Working from memory here)

You are logged in to BA and using BACK as the trigger? And have enough in your account?
There is nothing in the betref column?

Just reread your first thread. What is the earler version of Excel?
Is it Excel 97, 2000, 2002,

or is it the "works" spreadsheet package?

In excel, goto help - about.
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby knot » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:24 pm

hi george im using office xp professional 2002. all seems ok, wait turns to back but no bet is ever placed on BA. if i place a manual back bet using excel 2002 it works fine the bet is placed. excel 2007 works ok i.e when wait turns to back a bet is placed on BA. hope you can help me :(
knot

Postby Spud » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:02 pm

Have you tried uninstalling Excel (both versions) and then reinstalling the 2002 version?
Spud

Postby knot » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm

i think it has something to do with the bet ref. for some reason i get the message cancelled in bet ref and this has to be cleared manually for another bet to be placed. never had this problem with excel 2007 though i just opened excel and left it alone all was ok. why am i getting cancelled in bet ref? it seems to happen when i change to the next race. hope this helps. :?
knot

Postby knot » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:51 pm

ok problem solved works fine when using auto select market. sorry for all the dumb questions. :)
knot

Return to Help