Recent Problems Experienced - In Running Betting

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Recent Problems Experienced - In Running Betting

Postby SwanseaJack » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 pm

:cry: Having quite successfully used this program for the last couple of months and been very happy with it I have run into several serious problems in the last few days.
1. In-running I cannot get an automatic lay bet placed following a back bet when I have put a figure in the ‘Tick offset’ box. Keep getting an error message to the effect that Betfair could not process this bet. This has previously worked fine for me. Now have to use another program to place such automatic opposite bets. What am I doing wrong now, when it worked previously?
2. Today, I backed Nimello in running for £30 at 6.8 and got matched for the same sum with a lay bet for 4.6 leaving a ‘profit’ of £62. Coming to the last furlong I was not sure that it would nicessarily win and with double digit profits for all runners showing in the green boxes I decided to green up just in case. After the horse had won I looked to see what the greened up sum was and saw that I had lost £33 on the winner whereas all the other horses showed a profit figure of £5.25. Looking at the bets I see that Betting Assistant had offered a lay bet of £5.5 at 19 which not surprisingly had been matched on a horse leading with less than a furlong to go!. What happened here?
3. I used to be able to load all Eng/Ire races into the quick pick list. I see that this has been changed to all Eng races but cannot get any to load, having to select each market ‘by hand’. How has it changed and what am I doing wrong here?
Can anyone help?
SwanseaJack

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:27 am

Unfortunately I found a bug which caused the green up figures to be re-calculated immediately after matched bets update instead of prices update which meant that the £5.5 stake was based on a different price. I have fixed this bug in version 0.99z11, please accept my apologies.

I am looking into the tick offset issue, it would be helpful if you could give me the exact error message.

You need to highlight the day at the top of the market tree before trying to add markets to quick pick.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby SwanseaJack » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:50 am

Thank you for your apologies over 'bug' in greening up calculation. They are accepted, and trust all is well again as this is a crucial feature of your program for me.
Thanks also for explaining how to get races into the quick pick list now. Have managed to do so today.
I will try placing 'tick offset bets' in running again and report the exact wording of error message.
SwanseaJack

Postby SwanseaJack » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:59 pm

Started using 'tick offset' again in running yesterday - no problems arose – both bets placed as requested.
However, after a few similar bets today the problem reported above occurred again.
Think you will be able to see the problem now.
Error message said;
"Problem processing bet
Message form Betfair
Invalid increment”
I clicked on 11 but got filled partly on 11 and partly on 11.5. Odds reported were listed at 11.31. I would presume that is where the problem arises - trying to place a lay bet exactly 10 ticks below 11.31.
Believe that this is what must have happened previously.
SwanseaJack

Return to Help