Reduction Factor (that may be an incorrect term)

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Reduction Factor (that may be an incorrect term)

Postby MatGreenaway » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi, when a race has a non runner or a withdrawn entry, pre-off bets get adjusted. I believe this is called the reduction factor? I.e., the 15:00 at Beverley today (25th June 2019) had Flower Power declared a non-runner at 14:11 and bets made prior to that had an adjustment of 4.762%.

Is there any way to get that information into Excel from Betfair Betting Assistant?

I've been trying something (successfully) for around two months and I am placing early bets but then do some processing and if criteria meet, I will do more betting closer to the off-time. This is working well in principal, but I am seeing a lot of anomalies and can out most of these down to when there is a non-runner or horse withdrawn between my bets.

So on this 3pm at Beverley, I bet Celestial Force at 5.5 and when I reload that market to a different part of my spreadsheet to place the second bet, the matched odds are not carried in, so I've got round that by "recording" the data within Excel then just doing a vlookup again. So I see that horse and know I obtained odds of 5.5. But Betfair have adjusted that and it is now 5.24.

Is there a way to either: a) show that reduction factor for the race in a cell and the time it applies from or b) show the odds I obtained earlier (so I don't need to do my lookup then).

Thanks for any help. Hope you all have a good days betting :)

Mat
MatGreenaway

Re: Reduction Factor (that may be an incorrect term)

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:46 pm

The reduction factor is shown in Column N by default
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:53 pm

Obviously if you navigate away from the market the non runner will be removed along with all data relating to it. If you're monitoring a market and there's a non runner those details remain and the runners name will have (NR) appended to it.

Column G2 will show how many non runners they've been in the market but you won't be able to see previous reduction factors of horses of non runners if you just entered the market. You could easily see the reduction factors applied by simply logging the value in column N when placing a bet and comparing it to the value of Column N later.
Captain Sensible

Postby alrodopial » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:16 pm

some logging required,
log the number of actual runners when you place a bet and compare it with your next reload
if there are less runners now get your new bet details using the com function "getbet(bettReff):
alrodopial

Postby alrodopial » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:22 pm

Captain Sensible wrote: You could easily see the reduction factors applied by simply logging the value in column N when placing a bet and comparing it to the value of Column N later.

You need to log the reduction factors of all horses as the rf that you will need to factor is from a horse difference than the one you had a bet with.
alrodopial

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:45 pm

alrodopial wrote:
Captain Sensible wrote: You could easily see the reduction factors applied by simply logging the value in column N when placing a bet and comparing it to the value of Column N later.

You need to log the reduction factors of all horses as the rf that you will need to factor is from a horse difference than the one you had a bet with.

The reduction factors get reassessed to 100% after a non runner so simply logging the original R4 for your horse and it's current R4 is all you'd need to calculate what reduction factor has been applied and it'd take into account more than one non runner being applied.

So for a 4 horse race with say equal R4's of 25% if one was withdrawn the R4's would now be adjusted to 33.33%. You can simply work out the reduction that's been applied by using the following calc, O is old R4, N is new R4 and R is the reduction factor you're looking for

R = - 100(O-N)/N
Captain Sensible

Postby alrodopial » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:17 am

you are right captain, I just checked it
It's easier this way
so for the win market you apply the r4 at win odds
for the place market? - I think it's different there
alrodopial

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:01 am

Hi,

We are looking to make an "Additional Column" available that shows the reduction factor after a non-runner has already been removed.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby rogo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:43 am

MarkRussell wrote:Hi,

We are looking to make an "Additional Column" available that shows the reduction factor after a non-runner has already been removed.

Regards,
Mark

Hi there, is it already integrated in the excel-sheet function?

Kind Regards
rogo

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:04 am

rogo wrote:
MarkRussell wrote:Hi,

Regards,
Mark

Hi there, is it already integrated in the excel-sheet function?

Kind Regards

Hi,

Sorry not already integrated.
We are looking to add the information via the 'Additional columns' option but it hasn't been done yet.
It's on list of things we want to include in a future release.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Return to Help