But where is the actual trigger?

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

But where is the actual trigger?

Postby Bassdrinker » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:21 pm

As per the title really.

Sorry if I’ve managed to miss something obvious but I’ve even searched the pdf of the manual searching for ‘excel’ and ‘trigger’ with little success.

Anyway, let me give you an example (this is not a strategy, just a way of checking that I can get excel to detect a series of conditions).

I’m looking at dog racing.

Target: Back selection when
<5:00 minutes before racetime
Single favourite
Odds >=2.00
Odds =< 2.50

The excel is straight forward, use a series of if statements to check the above and set a specific cell, lets say Z21 to 1 if conditions are satisfied for trap 1, otherwise Z21 is 0

Z22 – Z26 represents the other 5 runners in the race.

So, assuming that there is a single qualifier, a single cell in the range Z21 to Z26 will be highlighted.

How do I make BA place a bet on that particular selection? - At this stage I’m happy to use preset offset/stoploss values.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Regards

Bd
Bassdrinker

Re: But where is the actual trigger?

Postby Deestar » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:17 am

Assuming you are logging excel to cell A1 then the triggers need to be placed in column Q from row 5 down.

In the scenario you highlight above, you could simply place an if statement in the Q (trigger cells) stating if Z21 =1 then "Trigger"

The triggers themselves can be found here:
http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... iggers.htm

and here

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... ifiers.htm

Good luck.
Deestar

Re: But where is the actual trigger?

Postby Bassdrinker » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:45 pm

Thanks for that Deestar, looks like a very useful pointer. I'll take a look tonight at home.

Appreciated.
Bassdrinker

Return to Help