Bet on 1000 winner missing? Please help!

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Bet on 1000 winner missing? Please help!

Postby Hill16 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:18 am

Hi all,

This is not related to Betting Assistant but some of you knowledgable people may know the answer.

I have a horse racing betting strategy whereby I back certain unraced horses under certain conditions. It normally produces around 10 qualifiers per day, often there are a few horses in each race.

I've been going through my records and the strategy produced a Betfair SP 1000.0 winner a couple of weeks ago. However, I have no record of it anywhere in my Betfair account. In that particular race, there were five qualifiers, and my records show that I backed the other four but no sign of the winner. I would have placed the bets in the morning time at Betfair SP and I can't see how I would have left this bet out.

It was for a few euro but it's a SUBSTANTIAL sum at those prices so I'm wondering if there's any way to find a log of my betting activity that morning, rather than a log of settled bets?

Any help is very welcome!!

Wayne
Hill16

Re: Bet on 1000 winner missing? Please help!

Postby Deestar » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:33 am

Hi

Sometimes bets at 1000-1 SP odds don't get matched as there is simply no match available. Happens quite a lot and there is a catch all in the Betfair T&C's saying they don't guarantee a match.

Any bet placed even if it was lapsed/cancelled/voided you should be able to see via https://myaccount.betfair.com/activity/bettinghistory

If you placed the bet via BA you should also be able to see the transaction in your log files which are saved every day for (i think) a month. In BA go to Options/Open Settings Folder and you should find them saved there. That will tell you if the bet was attempted to be placed and/or problems in placing it.
Deestar

Postby Hill16 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:05 pm

Thanks, I can't see how they returned an SP of 1000 if there was no money at that price? Surely I should have been matched at a lower SP?

Unfortunately, your account only shows lapsed and voided bets for a week. And I didn't place it with Gruss.

An on to help desk!
Hill16

Postby Deestar » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:22 pm

Strange, I can see my lapsed and voided bets back for the whole three months.
Deestar

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:21 pm

If there's not enough money to accomadate all BSP bets it becomes a case of first come first served. So even though the winner returned 1000 there just weren't enough BSP layers to fulfil all bets at BSP.
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:25 pm

Always a pain missing a 1000 shot as they come around so rarely but if you think it'll return 1000 you're better of placing it as a match on close bet at 1000. In fact you'd probably be better off placing all your bets as match on close bets simply because 1000 is the highest odds you'd ever get and many times horses will hit 1000 pre off but return a lower BSP
Captain Sensible

Postby Hill16 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:14 pm

What do you mean 'match on close'?
Hill16

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:29 pm

When you place a bet you have persistence options to 'keep the bet and decided what happens if it's not matched before the off. The choses are to allow the bet to remain in the live in play market or 'match on close' where it gets converted to a BSP bet. You can apply the Keep options via the website or gruss
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:31 pm

Captain Sensible

Postby Hill16 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:52 pm

Yes, I knew it would be a big price, I didn't leave an order, I just placed the bet at Betfair SP, no price asked for.

Anyway, not getting very far, they have no record of it, my word against theirs.
Hill16

Postby Exfundmanager » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Why don't you simply place IR bets at 990 for your chosen horses? You're guaranteed to win if the IR high is then 1000, regardless of how much was filled there.
Exfundmanager

Postby Hill16 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:00 am

Not all of them are that high, the average price is 98.0, the odd one is a very high price and rather than trying for a price, I decided to put my faith in Betfair SP.
Hill16

Return to Help