Full Stream and QPL Update issue

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Full Stream and QPL Update issue

Postby scarlett3 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:49 am

When a race is selected within the QPL, it is possible to use the Q2 cell triggers to update the QPL if Full Stream is on.

However, if there are no races within the QPL, any entry into the Q2 cell, either manually or via VB, has no effect on the QPL list if Full Stream is on.

If Full Stream is off, -3 can be entered into Q2 and the QPL is updated.

This is a particular problem that I face with Australian greyhound racing.

The times that BF updates the market list can vary significantly from day to day and it can be sometimes 2am UK time before those markets appear.

In this scenario, I cannot use 'auto-select first market' when setting up BA and so cannot turn Full Stream on because of the issue above.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
scarlett3

Re: Full Stream and QPL Update issue

Postby MarkRussell » Wed May 20, 2020 9:52 am

Hi,

I'm not seeing the same, using -3 in Q2 works whether full stream is on or off when the Quick Pick List is empty.

-5 in Q2 allows the first market to be selected.

When you have tried this manually, were the markets definitely in the Market Tree?

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby scarlett3 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi Mark

In Options > Quick pick list /markets, the checkbox for All Aus Win (Greyhounds) is ticked. The Excel sheet is linked to BA and each market in the QPL should open 1 minute before the start time.

I have attached two screenshots.

The first screenshot shows the Full Stream checkbox ticked in BA. I manually enter -3 in cell Q2 and nothing happens. There is an 'update' macro in the file that places -3 into Q2 at set points during the night as BA updates the list of markets for AUS greyhounds at different points during the night.

The second screenshot show the Full Stream checkbox unticked in BA. I manually enter -3 in cell Q2 and it is immediately overwritten. If there are any markets within the QPL, this would be visibly refreshed.

This Excel file has worked without issue for some time. The only thing that has changed is that I would like to take advantage of Full Streaming, but this prevents the QPL being updated.

Thanks.
Attachments
FullStream_Off.png
FullStream_Off.png (235.37 KiB) Viewed 9015 times
FullStream_On.png
FullStream_On.png (254.8 KiB) Viewed 9015 times
scarlett3

Postby Deestar » Thu May 21, 2020 9:06 am

I have the same problem. I have a macro that runs at about 3am UK time to populate Q2 to load the Aus GH's. But if there is no market linked to the excel sheet (as there usually isn't if I launch BA in the evening as no AUS GH's have been loaded by Betfair yet), then the macro runs and populates Q2 but it wont refresh the QPL.

I get around it by loading a closed market into the BA tab that I'm linking my excel too. Then the QPL will update as expected at the correct time.

Hope that helps.
Deestar

Postby MarkRussell » Thu May 21, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi,

I could have sworn this worked when I tested it.
But it does seem that there is a bug where -3 doesn't work when 'Full Stream' is enabled and no market is currently linked.
This will be fixed as soon as possible.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:29 pm

This has been fixed in latest release.

See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10588
GaryRussell
Site Admin