Tick Offset Once Next Market has Selected

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Tick Offset Once Next Market has Selected

Postby rluk » Thu May 21, 2020 5:31 am

Hi,

I placed a BACK-TL2 through Excel. The BACK bet was unmatched at the point Auto Select moved to the next market. The BACK bet subsequently matched but the Tick Offset LAY bet did not get placed (or attempted to be placed). From this observation I concluded that Tick Offsets will only be fired if the market screen is active in BA. Is this a correct assumption or did something else potentially go wrong? Can't seem to find anything definitive on this in the manual or forum.

Cheers.
rluk

Re: Tick Offset Once Next Market has Selected

Postby MarkRussell » Thu May 21, 2020 9:49 am

Hi,

Your assumption is correct, the market must be kept open for Tick Offset to be fired in.

If you need more time on the current market before auto selecting the next then you should consider using multiple tab pages with their own Quick Pick Lists allowing more time between markets.
Each tab page that you open can be linked to a separate Worksheet which can be in the same Workbook.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Re: Tick Offset Once Next Market has Selected

Postby rluk » Fri May 22, 2020 7:50 am

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, think I'll look at building out the sheet to link in two pages.

In the case I described the quick pick list moved too early as I used SO instead of AO. AO was working as I intended for a while, but then one afternoon a race got delayed for over two hours and the whole list just got stuck so I switched to SO. I think AO is a better choice for my automation though, and will just treat the occasional long delay as an issue that may occur from time to time for which having multiple tab pages can mitigate.
rluk

Return to Help