Multi TABS Worksheet Already Linked

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Multi TABS Worksheet Already Linked

Postby DesB » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:01 pm

Hi,

I'm using multi tabs Excel trigger links into a single Workbook/Sheet. When I move into the second tab and subsequent tabs, I get the following message when I try and link.

"The worksheet is already linked. Do you want to link anyway?"

When I create a new tab/link, I get the asked the question the number of times equal to the current tabs open. So, if I am opening new tab 20, I have to click "OK" 19 times etc etc etc

I've looked everywhere for an option/flag to tick that will suppress this message. Is there one or is there any other way to stop this box popping up?

Thanks
DesB

Re: Multi TABS Worksheet Already Linked

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:43 am

So you are linking to the same worksheet from multiple tabs and changing the origin cell each time? I put that warning there so users wouldn't accidentally log two markets to A1 which would overwrite each other. I could make it more intelligent and suppress the warning if the original cell means it would not overwrite.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby DesB » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:11 pm

Yes, that'll work perfectly for me. I actually put all of the day's racing on to one sheet within a workbook. Win and Place markets. So with 38 races, 76 tabs all into the same sheet. It all works great and is a fine testament to the BA software, but the popup box is annoying, especially as it pops up for each open tab. So linking tab2 it pops up once, linking tab3 it pops up twice, linking tab 76, it pops up 75 times. I would also be happy with a tick option that just suppresses the message if that is easier, although your solution sounds like the most complete.
DesB

Postby alrodopial » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:02 am

You can also test the "log multiple sheets quick link" under "Excel"
I don't know if it also asks for verification but if it doesn't it will make your life much easier.
alrodopial

Postby DesB » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:12 pm

"log multiple sheets quick link" under "Excel" is not suitable for my purpose. I am feeding many markets on to the same sheet in a single workbook, the destination cell in the sheet is variable according to size of each market
DesB

Postby DesB » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:24 pm

GaryRussell wrote:So you are linking to the same worksheet from multiple tabs and changing the origin cell each time? I put that warning there so users wouldn't accidentally log two markets to A1 which would overwrite each other. I could make it more intelligent and suppress the warning if the original cell means it would not overwrite.

Hi Gary,

Has a fix for this made it to the to the future release work yet? I was wondering if we could just have an option to tick the message the first time it is displayed to say that we don't want to see it again. Then if anyone happens to like the current functionality, they can leave it unticked?

Thanks

Des
DesB

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:03 pm

I will do something shortly.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:39 am

I have disabled this message if the origin cell is different. See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10670
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby DesB » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:05 pm

Brilliant, thank you for that !!!!! I didn't realise you had changed it and I was building my spreadsheet this morning and noticed it. That's about 30 minutes a day back into my life :-)

Working perfect now
DesB

Return to Help