Gary / Mark please help with LOG MULTIPLE SHEETS QUICK LINK

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Gary / Mark please help with LOG MULTIPLE SHEETS QUICK LINK

Postby xraymitch » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Hi, sorry to hassle you.

Using BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt can you give me an example of how I get venues to open in separate tabs ?

"C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Study.xlsx|Sheet1|A1|All AUS Win (Horse Racing)|Offset bet matched flag;Offset bet references;Close Profit/Loss|yes|At specific time before off|0.1|no||no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|yes|no"

Frustrated that I have been unable to solve this myself.

Thanks in anticipation 8)
xraymitch

Re: Gary / Mark please help with LOG MULTIPLE SHEETS QUICK L

Postby MarkRussell » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:25 pm

Hi,

There is an option in Preferences under the Quick Pick List / Markets settings labelled "Load different venues is separate tab pages".

Use this option to load into separate tab pages and then use Excel Log multiple sheets to log each tab page to a separate sheet in your Workbook.

Make sure you have enough rows in the Log multiple sheets page to accommodate the number of likely venues.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby xraymitch » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi Mark,

Thankyou for such a quick response but I already have the "Load different venues in separate tab pages" selected.

My workbook has 10 sheets, If I setup BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt to use Sheet1 to Sheet6 as I did yesterday the outcome is as per the screenshot.

Could you do me an example BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt.

Appreciate your help especially as I have spent over 5 hours trying to something that I was simple and straight forward.

Thanks
8)
Multiple Sheets.png
Multiple Sheets.png (31.63 KiB) Viewed 18061 times
xraymitch

Postby xraymitch » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:28 pm

Sorry about the typos at the end...

Appreciate your help especially as I have spent over 5 hours trying to do something that I thoughtI was simple and straight forward.
xraymitch

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:44 am

Hi,

I am putting an example together for you and will post it on here as soon as possible.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby xraymitch » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:59 pm

Hi Mark,

Yesterday (Sunday) I tried so many different combinations with no success - as a user who tries really hard to solve a problem before asking for help I am dismayed that I cannot get it to work the way I want.

I really appreciate your offer of an example and look forward to seeing it.

Big thanks,

8)
xraymitch

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:40 pm

Hi,

Ok, here is my example.
So to confirm I have the option set to automatically load different venues into separate tab pages.

Then in my Multiple sheets links text file I have it set for up to a max of 10 venues.
Please see the following image:-
https://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Excel/Multiple_Sheets_Quick_Link.png

You can download my text file here:-
https://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Excel/BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt

You can download my example Excel file here:-
https://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Excel/Multi_tab_page_Quick_Links.xlsx

My example is set to work from a folder on my PC which is D:\Gruss

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby xraymitch » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:29 am

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for taking the time to create detailed examples.

At first glance I seem to have done everything as per your examples. I need to go out and will double check this afternoon when back at PC.

On the offchance that there is a bug in my system I am thinking of making a video off all my steps if I am still unable to replicate your example .

I know you and Gary have been overloaded with queries since the Betfair fiasco of a few days ago and the last thing I wanted to do was burden you guys further.

Cheers. 8)
xraymitch

Postby xraymitch » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:00 pm

Hi Mark,

Something is not right with my system.

Your example BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt did not load unless I replaced the spaces in the Excel file name ( yet I can open files in Excel with spaces).

Your example BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt does not include the markets to load, yet your spreadsheet shows 3 UK and 2 Irish markets.

D:\Gruss\Multi tab page Quick Links.xlsx|Venue1|A1|||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
D:\Gruss\Multi tab page Quick Links.xlsx|Venue2|A1|||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
D:\Gruss\Multi tab page Quick Links.xlsx|Venue3|A1|||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
D:\Gruss\Multi tab page Quick Links.xlsx|Venue4|A1|||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
D:\Gruss\Multi tab page Quick Links.xlsx|Venue5|A1|||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
D:\Gruss\Multi tab page Quick Links.xlsx|Venue6|A1|||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
D:\Gruss\Multi tab page Quick Links.xlsx|Venue7|A1|||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
D:\Gruss\Multi tab page Quick Links.xlsx|Venue8|A1|||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
D:\Gruss\Multi tab page Quick Links.xlsx|Venue9|A1|||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
D:\Gruss\Multi tab page Quick Links.xlsx|Venue10|A1|||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no

Unless i select markets for the QPL then nothing is loaded.

Below is my amended BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt using your example spreadsheet.

C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Multi_tab_page_Quick_Links.xlsx|Venue1|A1|All UK Win (Horse Racing)||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Multi_tab_page_Quick_Links.xlsx|Venue2|A1|All UK Win (Horse Racing)||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Multi_tab_page_Quick_Links.xlsx|Venue3|A1|All UK Win (Horse Racing)||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Multi_tab_page_Quick_Links.xlsx|Venue4|A1|All UK Win (Horse Racing)||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Multi_tab_page_Quick_Links.xlsx|Venue5|A1|All UK Win (Horse Racing)||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Multi_tab_page_Quick_Links.xlsx|Venue6|A1|All UK Win (Horse Racing)||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Multi_tab_page_Quick_Links.xlsx|Venue7|A1|All UK Win (Horse Racing)||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Multi_tab_page_Quick_Links.xlsx|Venue8|A1|All UK Win (Horse Racing)||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Multi_tab_page_Quick_Links.xlsx|Venue9|A1|All UK Win (Horse Racing)||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no
C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Multi_tab_page_Quick_Links.xlsx|Venue10|A1|All UK Win (Horse Racing)||yes|At specific time before off|1|no||no|no|no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|no|no|no

Screenshots show that I still have the same problem of not opening in different tabs.
yd6KgiV1KM.png
Result
yd6KgiV1KM.png (241.91 KiB) Viewed 17975 times
gm2HaD1o87.png
Preferences
gm2HaD1o87.png (205.45 KiB) Viewed 17975 times

I await advice from you as to how this can be resolved.

Many thanks for your time and assistance.

8)
xraymitch

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:31 pm

Hi,

In your screen shot you haven't got the tabs already open.

I said that my example is based on using the option from Preferences where the venues are pre-loaded into separate tab pages, so that when you open Betting Assistant the separate venues are already loaded into separate tab pages.
The Quick Links isn't opening the tab pages the option from Preferences is.

In Preferences under the "Quick Pick List / market" settings the option is labelled "Load different venues in separate tab pages"

And then because the markets are already loaded into the separate tab pages you don't need to specify any in the Quick Links window.

All you need it to do is link each tab page that is already open to a separate Worksheet which it will do up to a maximum of 10 tab pages (if you needed more then more rows would need to be added to the Quick Links window)

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby xraymitch » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:29 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the clarification.

It seems that I have totally misunderstood the purpose of the Multiple Sheets Quick Link.

You can see from my screenshot that the tabs are open and linked to my worksheets, which means if they contained triggers then they would be activated many hours before the event, but I was under the impression the tabs would not become active until one minute before the race time start.

Thanks again for your time and assistance.

8)
Betting_Assistant_jo50bc12Ue.png
Betting_Assistant_jo50bc12Ue.png (172.26 KiB) Viewed 17934 times
xraymitch

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:51 am

Hi,

You may not have totally misunderstood the feature.
There are 2 ways of using it.
You can either open all the tab pages and load the Quick Pick Lists first the way I have shown or you can use the Quick Pick Markets items list from the Quick Links window to make that populate the Quick Pick List and open tab pages where necessary but that option doesn't provide a method for getting the different venues into separate tab pages.

But as soon as you link a market to Excel it will start updating the sheet with Betfair live data and yes of course if you have triggers then the software will start reading those triggers from the moment the sheet is linked.
This is the same as manually linking 1 sheet to 1 tab page or using the quick links option to link multiple tab pages.

So the first market in the Quick Pick List could be linked for several hours depending on when you start the logging.
Thereafter, if you chosen to use the 'Auto Select Markets' option set to 1 minute then subsequent markets will only be opened a minute before they are due to run.

If you don't want your trigger to fire until at least 1 minute before the off then you should incorporate that as part of your trigger formula.
For example, you could use a spare cell to show number of seconds until the off and then reference that cell in your trigger.
Use the following formula to show number of seconds until the off:-
Code: Select all
=IF(LEFT(D2)<>"-",(HOUR(D2)*3600)+(MINUTE(D2)*60)+SECOND(D2),-((HOUR(SUBSTITUTE(D2,"-",""))*3600)+(MINUTE(SUBSTITUTE(D2,"-",""))*60)+SECOND(SUBSTITUTE(D2,"-",""))))

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:15 am

Hi,

I was having another think about this and realised that on my example I had ticked the option to load the first market but you can leave that option unticked and then with the auto select market set to 1 minute the first market won't be opened until 1 minute before the off as well.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby xraymitch » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi Mark,

That's brilliant and does exactly what I want !!!

Prior to reading this solution I had started experimenting with TIMEVALUE but now there is no need.

Thanks so much for going the extra mile.

8)

PS I have also taken note of your formula.
xraymitch

Return to Help