The APP bugs out when I open too many Tabs

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

The APP bugs out when I open too many Tabs

Postby TomKench333 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:45 am

Hi, after I open about 30 to 35 markets in new tabs the app bugs out and stop responding. If I try to open more than that the last tab is blank or visually bugged and non responsive. And after that if I try to open even more tabs, it doesnt even let me right click on the markets.

At first I thought that it's because of my pc but than I tried at night with slow markets with 0 liquidity and thay bugged out at the same 35-ish tab as in pick hours. Also I checked my pc, nether ram or processor reach 100%.

Is there a way to fix it so that I can open at least 50-60 tabs?
TomKench333

Re: The APP bugs out when I open too many Tabs

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:43 am

Is this the first time you have tried to do this or has it worked ok with previous versions?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby TomKench333 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:29 pm

I think it was always buggy like this, it's not related to the new version.

It's just that from the last few months I need more tabs for trading and I reach the limit more often, which is frustrating.
TomKench333

Postby TomKench333 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:47 pm

Any solution for this problem? May be if I turn off some of the options, the app will be able to handle more tabs?
I tested it on much weaker computer than mine, it bugs out at the same number of tabs . So it's not computer related.
TomKench333

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:06 am

TomKench333 wrote:Any solution for this problem? May be if I turn off some of the options, the app will be able to handle more tabs?
I tested it on much weaker computer than mine, it bugs out at the same number of tabs . So it's not computer related.

I have tested it with 50 tabs and it's still responsive. Which markets are you having this issue with? I could also try testing it with your settings file in case it's something in your settings I haven't tried. Can you send it to admin@gruss-software.co.uk. Select "Open settings folder" from the options menu and you will see a file named "user.config"
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby TomKench333 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:19 am

I sent you the settings file. On the weaker computer I just installed the app and changed the default interface to 'Ladder', I didn't touch other options. On my computer I also use the ladder interface and few other options.

I play only on the UK horse racing markets and on the weaker computer I tested it on no liquidity horse racing markets like US and Australia as it was late at night.

May be the problem is that on horse racing there's too much information that overloads the app? Like some of the races have 10-20+ horses.
TomKench333

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:42 am

I didn't realise you were using ladder interface as default. It was never designed to handle that many tabs with ladders. Usually users have that many tabs open with the grid interface for automation (linking to Excel). I will see if there is anything I can do facilitate this.

Do you need them all open so that it can process tick offset etc? This isn't perfect, but you could use grid as default and use the popup ladder when you are working with a specific market.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:48 am

Just had a thought. What if I provided an option to automatically switch to ladder when you select a tab and switch back to grid when not selected? This would almost feel like using it with ladders open on every tab.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby TomKench333 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:49 am

GaryRussell wrote:Just had a thought. What if I provided an option to automatically switch to ladder when you select a tab and switch back to grid when not selected? This would almost feel like using it with ladders open on every tab.

Yes, that solution would work great for me.

Basically what I do is put 1 cent triggers on many markets and when there's a sound that a cent is taken somewhere, I have to find it and either update the trigger or trade the market. That means browsing between the tabs manually all day long and placing/updating bets, which I can't do with the grid.
TomKench333

Postby TomKench333 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:08 pm

Any update?
TomKench333

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:43 pm

I will be releasing an update that auto selects the ladder tomorrow morning.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby TomKench333 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:08 am

Alright, thank you!

Does the app auto update or I have to download it from the site.
On the app it says "The current version on our downloads page is 1.3.0.45i" but my version is 1.3.0.45k
TomKench333

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:29 am

I've just released the update. It should auto update. We will update the news page.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Help