Cricket Line Markets and Excel

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Cricket Line Markets and Excel

Postby tradeaj71 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:44 am

BA allows me to place bets into Runs Line markets in Betfair whereby a Lay bet is Over, and Back bet is Under and the Odds are the number of runs.

When trying to use triggers in Excel however, the program will only accept "Odds" (Runs) which are standard Betfair Odds. In the Cricket Runs line markets, bets are only accepted with the number of runs notated as n.5 in the range 0.5 - 999.5. Given that the highest standard Betfair odds that end with .5 are 19.5, it is not practical as it stands to use Excel in these markets as it stands.

For info if I attempt to place a bet with a higher numbers of runs (in the odds trigger), BA simply returns (CANNOT_ACCEPT_BET).
Just plugging away!
tradeaj71

Re: Cricket Line Markets and Excel

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:59 am

It doesn't currently support line markets. I will see what I can do.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Re: Cricket Line Markets and Excel

Postby tradeaj71 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:40 pm

Appreciated Gary, Thanks,

As a seperate issue, I had some correspondence with Mark a few months ago. Some of my workbooks are too complex to be workably functionanal using COM and I am currently using MATCH/INDEX formulae referencing the "MyBets" worksheets. For some markets, I can have many thousands of matched bets which makes things very slow and clunky.

Is there any way to:

a) Have MyBets show only unmatched bets? ; or
b) Have the bets in MyBets ordered/sorted by Bet Reference or Matched Status (newest first ideally)?

This would be really, really helpful for me particularly as Betfair move to relax their houly transaction imits in a few weeks.
Many thanks in advance.
Just plugging away!
tradeaj71

Return to Help