Screen Recording

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Screen Recording

Postby lionrampant » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:01 pm

Just tried the new screen recording and it works but only records the main app window. I have the ladders open in a separate window on another screen in a multi monitor setup. I press R from that window but it records the main app window. Is there any way of recording that separate ladder window from Gruss?
lionrampant

Re: Screen Recording

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:11 pm

It is technically possible, but we didn’t include it initially. We wanted to get some feedback to see if there was any interest before developing it further. I’ll see what I can do.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby lionrampant » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:16 pm

Thanks for the quick reply - I have some software that will do it but would be useful to do it from inside the software if easy
lionrampant

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:44 am

You can now record ladders or main window. Just move the cursor over the required window before pressing R. There's also an option to record both simultaneously providing they are on separate displays.

To try it out please uninstall and install from Here
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:44 pm

This version has a bug where it won't record if you have the simultaneous option ticked and don't have the ladder popup open. You can download version 46c Here if it's an issue for you.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby NorthView » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:32 pm

This looks very useful thanks, but after initially working I'm now getting a GrussRecord application is not installed error, also from 46c.
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:45 pm

Odd that it would work initially. Check if the option is ticked in hot key preferences then close and reopen Betting Assistant. If this doesn't work check the following.

1. Does "C:\Program Files (x86)\Betting Assistant" folder contain GrussRecord.exe?
2. If the file is in Program Files does GrussRecord.exe appear in the task manager after starting Betting Assistant?

I may have to upload an update to log what's happening.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby NorthView » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:07 pm

1. Does "C:\Program Files (x86)\Betting Assistant" folder contain GrussRecord.exe?
Yes the file is there. It worked successfully the first time, then I stopped it and subsequently it failed with the message I posted.

2. If the file is in Program Files does GrussRecord.exe appear in the task manager after starting Betting Assistant?
No. I noticed it in Task Manager the first time it ran because I was monitoring memory usage, but the task isn't there now after exiting and rerunning Gruss. I've tried this twice.
NorthView

Postby NorthView » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:17 pm

GrussRecord1.jpg
GrussRecord1.jpg (221.31 KiB) Viewed 15351 times
NorthView

Postby NorthView » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:49 pm

Hi Gary,

After a bit more fiddling around I've found I can just run GrussRecord.exe manually and it seems to put a minimal overhead on CPU, which is important to me

However, doing it this way doesn't allow it to record my second monitor unless I duplicate displays, which causes me other problems.

Any ideas? I've rebooted several times and am using 46c.
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:56 pm

I will update it so you can use it manually, but I still want to find out why it doesn’t work from Betting Assistant. You can try running Betting Assistant as Administrator in case it’s a permissions issue. Find “C:\Program Files (x86)\Betting Assitant.exe” in Windows Explorer and right click to select properties. In the compatibility tab tick the option “Run as Administrator”. See if that helps.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Might be a good addtition if you could set the frame capture rate. It'd be useful for me to capture my bots running overnight but 1 frame every 2 seconds would probaby be sufficient.
Captain Sensible

Postby NorthView » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:07 pm

Running BA as Administrator hasn't made a difference. I'd appreciate your kind offer of incorporating the ability to record an external monitor separately, thanks Gary.
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:31 pm

You can download the updated GrussRecord executable Here

Save it to your downloads folder then copy it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Betting Assistant" to replace the current version. I am not in the office so have not tested it on multiple monitors, but should be OK in theory unless I missed something which is always a possibility.

To record a different monitor just drag the tiny window with the record button to that monitor before clicking start.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:33 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:Might be a good addtition if you could set the frame capture rate. It'd be useful for me to capture my bots running overnight but 1 frame every 2 seconds would probaby be sufficient.

This is probably possible. I will look into it.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Next

Return to Help