Screen Recording

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Screen Recording

Postby NorthView » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:02 pm

"To record a different monitor just drag the tiny window with the record button to that monitor before clicking start."

Seems to work perfectly thanks Gary. Also impressed with how little CPU it uses compared to the ScreenRecorder app I've been using.
NorthView

Postby xraymitch » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:02 pm

NorthView wrote:"To record a different monitor just drag the tiny window with the record button to that monitor before clicking start."

Seems to work perfectly thanks Gary. Also impressed with how little CPU it uses compared to the ScreenRecorder app I've been using.

Gary / Mark,

I want to echo the comments of NorthView and say how impressed I am with this new feature too.

Just flagging up that whilst posting in the forum, every time the letter 'r' is typed it starts / stops the recording feature.

Seems coding is never ending...

8)
xraymitch

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:30 am

Just flagging up that whilst posting in the forum, every time the letter 'r' is typed it starts / stops the recording feature.

Yes I went over the top with the "global" hot keys. You can download the fixed version here
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby xraymitch » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:48 pm

Thanks for reigning in those hot keys... 8)
xraymitch

Postby xraymitch » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:37 pm

xraymitch wrote:Thanks for reigning in those hot keys... 8)

Just flagging up for your info.

Using 1.3.0.46c Gary, sorry to be a pain but fix is not working for me. In fact it is worse as pressing 'r' brings up the record feature but doesn't record after pressing Ok, and when you press 'r' a second time to stop recording it brings up start recording again, plus the problem of every time the letter 'r' is typed in a forum post still brings up the recording feature.

It's no big deal, but I will revert back to the previous version which starts and stops recording and type my posts in a text editor before copying and pasting back into the forum.

Thanks 8)
xraymitch

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:25 pm

I can understand the forum issue. It’s something else I missed, but would you mind trying a test version if I post it tomorrow? I need to find out what the issue is as it will affect other users and unfortunately it’s not happening when I test it. I will need you to send me the diagnostic log.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:43 am

I would be grateful if you could try version 1.3.0.46d. Download here. If it doesn't start and stop the recording then please send the diagnostic log to admin@gruss-software.co.uk. Select "Open settings folder" from the options menu to find the log files.

I have prevented the hot key being active when accessing the forum from the help menu in this version.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby xraymitch » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:20 am

GaryRussell wrote:I would be grateful if you could try version 1.3.0.46d. Download here. If it doesn't start and stop the recording then please send the diagnostic log to admin@gruss-software.co.uk. Select "Open settings folder" from the options menu to find the log files.

I have prevented the hot key being active when accessing the forum from the help menu in this version.

Gary, this time I have checked thoroughly before replying and version 1.3.0.46d is working perfectly for me recording wise and posting wise - HOORAY !!

Many thanks - BA just gets better and better, you and Mark truly are STARS !!!

8)
xraymitch

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:14 pm

Good news. Thanks for trying it.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Help