How to automatically record markets and then move to the nex

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

How to automatically record markets and then move to the nex

Postby cjones198 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:22 pm

Hi all
I have made a recording sheet which just simply logs price changes of a market and saves.

How do I select the horse races for the day and set it so that it records and saves the data then when that current market goes inplay, it moves on to the next scheduled race and records that one. Etc etc.
My coding is pretty basic.
cjones198

Re: How to automatically record markets and then move to the

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:59 pm

Not at my pc right now but either F2 or E2 has the in play status so switching to the new market isn't much more than sticking -1 in Q2 when the cell value changes to "In Play" and running the save code you already have.

Not sure what you mean by how do you select markets. You can choose what market load on startup by using the default quick pick menu and that can be refreshed to load new markets.

Might be easier to stick up the code you currently use do people can add any code you might need.
Captain Sensible

Postby cjones198 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:51 pm

Thanks for the reply, I will do when I'm at a computer mate.
So I just want to select markets for the day, say for example
Ling 13.40 record until inplay, save move to next
Haydock 14.00 record until inplay, save move to next
Ascot 14.15 record until inplay, save move to next
Basically I'm just working a worksheet event change to do it, logging each time the price changes
cjones198

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:58 pm

You can set BA to load the day's UK and ire races into the quick pick menu by default and it'll just load them in time order. You can even have it load each market venue into a separate tab if you want to avoid thing like races going off at the same time. So shouldn't be too much trouble to amend your existing code as lots of us record and save data.
Captain Sensible

Postby cjones198 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:09 am

Thanks for the info!
I just want a set and forget thing whilst I'm out during the day.
So I'd probably pick races with at least 15 minutes in between each one to try and avoid clashes
cjones198

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:12 am

You can select markets manually and drag them to the quick pick list of that is what you wanted or load the lot and delete the ones you don't want
Captain Sensible

Postby cjones198 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:19 am

Yeah I will need to have a play with quick list etc, I'm fairly new to gruss and VBA.
I'd just want to basically automatically go through the markets recording and saving. I'm only able to record 4 or 5 a day at present.
Ideally would leave a computer running at home recording
cjones198

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:21 pm

Many of us leave PC's running round the clock with Gruss as it can be programmed to reload markets whenever you want, so say every morning etc.

As long as you have a rough grasp of VBA it's shouldn't be too hard to acheive what you need as most is simply copy cells from one place to another nothing complicated. As you're already using worksheet change events it shouldn't be any more than sticking a few sub routines into a module. The most complicated thing is just thinking ahead to ensure you cover all scenarios, like what to do when you reach the end of your quick pick list, closed markets etc
Captain Sensible

Postby cjones198 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:32 pm

Thanks Captain!!!!! I will let you know how i get on!
cjones198

Postby cjones198 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:26 pm

Sorry to bother you Captain

How do I load up the quick pick list onto a spreadsheet? ive noticed Q2 -1 mentioned a lot where is best to start at attempting this?
cjones198

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:44 pm

Probably best place to start is the manual online here http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... e/help.htm

Click on the betting assistant features folder then go to the Excel Triggered betting and Log current prices. That will get your spreadsheet connected to Betting assistant. Any open market in the tab will then get sent to excel.

When betting assistant (BA) is connected to excel you can move thru the quick pick list with various triggers that you put into cell Q2 , there's no need to send the quick pick list to excel but obviously you can if needed. Putting -1 in Q2 moves to the next market in the quick pick list, -3 reloads the quick pick list, here's a list of the triggers for Q2 http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... _other.htm.
Captain Sensible

Postby cjones198 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:20 pm

Thanks for that it's much appreciated!!!! :D
cjones198

Postby cjones198 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:15 am

Hi Captain thanks for the help,

I can navigate that now mate! I will just make some code that puts a -1 in Q2 when market turns InPlay, pretty simple. the only issue is i created a sheet labelled Sheet1_QuickPickList and ticked the option to export quick pick list to excel but nothing gets exported its a blank page
cjones198

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:38 pm

cjones198 wrote:Hi Captain thanks for the help,

I can navigate that now mate! I will just make some code that puts a -1 in Q2 when market turns InPlay, pretty simple. the only issue is i created a sheet labelled Sheet1_QuickPickList and ticked the option to export quick pick list to excel but nothing gets exported its a blank page

It get'sexported when the sheet is linked or quickpick reloaded , was the sheet named and created before you connected the sheet to excel? Also some functions only seem to work if you have "Enable Triggered Betting" tiked when you connect the sheet to excel. Here's the help page for linkng http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... k_list.htm

Always works fine for me but to be honest I've never found any use for it other than very complicated sheets where I'm looping thru markets as certai times before the off. Unless you have a specific need/use for it I wouldn't bother about it too much.
Captain Sensible

Postby cjones198 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:41 pm

Thanks. Sorted it now. I hadn't put Market_QuickPickList as the sheet name.
cjones198

Next

Return to Help