How to automatically record markets and then move to the nex

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: How to automatically record markets and then move to the

Postby cjones198 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:55 am

Sorry to bother if you read this Captain

How do I get it call my required code when the market changes?

I was thinking something like

sheets("Market").cells(1,1).value = CurrentMarket

If currentMarket <> sheets("Market").cells(1,1).value then

Call startrecording
End if

Theoretically if I start the sheet in the morning before work, I press the startrecording button manually, and then when first race hits inplay
It should do
If cells(whatever?) = " inplay " then
Call stop record and save chart

Q2 = -1
End if
But this just creates an endless loop, I'm thinking if I exit sub straight after if cells = inplay then call required functions but would that still call save chart and put -1 in Q2?
Then theoretically currentMarket should equal to whatever it was, so if it changes when - goes into Q2 it should start recording again
cjones198

Postby xraymitch » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:59 pm

Hi Folks,

Just flagging up that nothing works for me.

An hour later and I have been unable to export the quick list to excel.

Despite the manual saying otherwise I have also tried naming the second sheet Market_ QuickPickList.

Cheers
xraymitch

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:58 pm

xraymitch wrote:Hi Folks,

Just flagging up that nothing works for me.

An hour later and I have been unable to export the quick list to excel.

Despite the manual saying otherwise I have also tried naming the second sheet Market_ QuickPickList.

Cheers

Quite a long thread , which bits specifically aren't working for you? Here's the help page for the linking http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... k_list.htm. If the sheet being linked is Sheet1 the export sheet needs to be called Sheet1_QuickPickList and trigger betting needs to be enabled.
Captain Sensible

Postby xraymitch » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:29 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:
Quite a long thread , which bits specifically aren't working for you? Here's the help page for the linking http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... k_list.htm. If the sheet being linked is Sheet1 the export sheet needs to be called Sheet1_QuickPickList and trigger betting needs to be enabled.

Hello Captain,

Good to hear from you - it's been a long time - and to see that you are still around offering a helping hand to those of us who are novices. :D

3 hours of frustration and it turned out that I had a faulty keyboard which was intermittently adding spaces and it was thanks to Gary who responded incredibly quickly to my cry for help who suggested amongst other things that I check that Sheet1_QuickPickList had no spaces at the end. Something I never considered as I was confident that I had typed it correctly and visually of course it looked correct. :oops:

I wanted access to the Market ID's as I was thinking that they then could be used to help me load automatically numerous win and place prices into sheets (at least 60), i.e. BA loads the Workbook EW_Test_Races and logs into Excel the current prices in the separate sheets named 1Win, 1Place, 2Win, 2Place, etc. Whilst I have managed to create after many hours the beginnings of something this morning (which I have attached for your delectation :) ) I am now thinking that my approach is wrong and instead I may have to use VBA or COM instead - not that i am versed in either!

As long-time subscribers, I hope you don't mind my somewhat informal approach.
8)

https://mega.nz/file/XUIViLIY#5AFDd1hrK ... wr-ue7cuVc

https://mega.nz/file/jYQRVZiC#rW2TL9BMW ... YsY1CGyeCI

PS. Whilst testing I have only filled the first 10 sheets in EW_Test_Races with formulas.

PPS. I hesitate to say this, but is it just my imagination that brother Mark is not around much these days?
xraymitch

Previous

Return to Help