Sheet firing in multiple vets (only on first bet)

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Sheet firing in multiple vets (only on first bet)

Postby cjones198 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:24 pm

Can anyone help please?

When I open up a market, and my automation triggers a bet, it fires 2 bets in, but any bets in the same market after fire correctly (1 bet)

The routine is
Market changes 》price changes》call subroutine(chart) if set up is present call betbot.

I have put in false and true statements in both chart and betbot to try and counter but it doesn't work so like

Price changes

Call chartlogger sub
Trigger = false
If x and y are a then log a
Trigger = true
Else if blah blah blah
Trigger = true
End if

Call betbot
Trigger = false
If x and y are present place bet LAY-such and such etc
Trigger= true
End if
cjones198

Re: Sheet firing in multiple vets (only on first bet)

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:16 pm

You don't say if you're using the COM or sheet to place bets but if it's firing twice it means the criteria to bet is being met twice, the program isn't misfiring on first bets otherwise lots of people would be reporting the issue.

You need to look at why the criteria to bet is still present after the first refresh and maybe reorder whatever coding is used to set and stop bets. The easiest way to control your bets is to set a variable to either yes or no and include it in your bet submission routines.

So say variable CAN_BET = Yes

bet routine

Code: Select all
IF Something = something And CAN_BET = Yes Then

...........do betting
CAN_BET = No ' this then stops any further bets until you reset CAN_BET to yes i.e new market etc

End If
Captain Sensible

Postby cjones198 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:19 pm

Thanks Captain, ive solved it, im not using COM, when a bet fires, i set a timer for 2 seconds after its been entered. when the 2 seconds is up, it then records the bet details and clears bet reference column, and the problem has gone away
cjones198

Postby cjones198 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:29 pm

Although It only used to occur on the very first bet entered and no other bets after, I'm a bit baffled why ?
cjones198

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:08 pm

cjones198 wrote:Although It only used to occur on the very first bet entered and no other bets after, I'm a bit baffled why ?

All depends on what criteria you're using, usually the only thing to stop additional bets going in is the fact the bet ref column has data in it if you don't clear triggers. It's possible your next refresh is coming so quicky (in play /streaming etc) the bet ref column hasn't been filled. I've mentioned before BA does two refreshes one for price data and one for bet data so the bet data is returned after the price data, if you trigger off the price data the betref column is unlikely to be filled. All my bots are set to run worksheet events on the bets data refresh as all the up to date data will be on the sheet by then espeically if you rely on previous bets for closing etc
Captain Sensible

Return to Help