Betfair Charts not loading

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Betfair Charts not loading

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:21 pm

Thanks. I'll let you know asap. It can't be anything major.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:42 pm

Apologies. It was a very small, but important change. I changed the format of the unique customer ref it passes with each bet placement. The API did not like the format in some instances. I have fixed this. Please install version 1.3.0.48b from the link below.

https://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Bettin ... _0_48b.msi

regards

Gary
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby BruceLeet » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:46 pm

Good stuff, cheers.
BruceLeet

Postby wesdag » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:04 pm

GaryRussell wrote:Can anyone who still has issues with charts please try version 1.3.0.48a. Install Here

Charts have reappeared, thanks.
wesdag

Postby cookytrade » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:33 pm

Hi All,

I've downloaded the new version and the graphs are fine, but i keep noticing an issue where Gruss shows an exposure value at the top of the screen, after after you've greened up and ended the trade with no loss.

Has anyone else had this? I've noticed it twice in the last hour, its strange.

Thank you.
cookytrade

Postby MarkRussell » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:34 pm

cookytrade wrote:Hi All,

I've downloaded the new version and the graphs are fine, but i keep noticing an issue where Gruss shows an exposure value at the top of the screen, after after you've greened up and ended the trade with no loss.

Has anyone else had this? I've noticed it twice in the last hour, its strange.

Thank you.

Hi,

The software doesn't automatically update your account balance and exposure figures when you start placing bets on a market.
It does when you click on the account balance amount or when you change markets.
There is also a setting in General Preferences where you can set it to update at set time intervals.
So it's possible to see an exposure figure that is not the most up to date but the profit and loss figures on the actual market will be correct.
Can you try clicking on the Account Balance and it should reflect the correct amounts at the time of clicking on it.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby cookytrade » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:49 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply, yes I did try clicking on the balance over and over but it still showed a -1.50 exposure, however the only race I'd traded I had a 50p green across the board.

I've used Gruss a couple of years now and never seen it do that, I always check the balance / exposure before closing a market as it my way of knowing I'm all clear and there are no open trades.

Maybe it was just me getting in a muddle, I'll monitor it more closely and see if I notice it again.

Thanks again.
cookytrade

Postby Mistermind » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:59 pm

My new-version download did fix the price GUI absence.

However for the first time ever, when I now click the VIDEO V button I get not a flowing action sequence but a series of stills photos separated by about 4 seconds interval. If this is a side-effect of the fix, would rather have the disappearing price chart GUI problem back -- the lesser evil. Is there a hyperlink to re-upload the GUI-defective version? The race where I saw defective video was today's Wolverhampton 17:45

Racetime video continues to work smoothly on Betfair native site, and now they allow full screen as well, but I need the BA screen for bets submission..
Mistermind

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:02 pm

Mistermind wrote:My new-version download did fix the price GUI absence.

However for the first time ever, when I now click the VIDEO V button I get not a flowing action sequence but a series of stills photos separated by about 4 seconds interval. If this is a side-effect of the fix, would rather have the disappearing price chart GUI problem back -- the lesser evil. Is there a hyperlink to re-upload the GUI-defective version? The race where I saw defective video was today's Wolverhampton 17:45

Racetime video continues to work smoothly on Betfair native site, and now they allow full screen as well, but I need the BA screen for bets submission..

It is not a side effect of fixing the charts. We have updated the web browser component that displays the video to the latest version. I have not seen the issue you describe in testing. Maybe it was a temporary issue. Have you tried rebooting your PC just in case? If you want the previous version you can install it from https://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Bettin ... istant.msi
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Mistermind » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:22 pm

I rebooted and now get continuous video streaming instead of a series of stills, as proven by greyhound videos at 9pm. Could have been using file file in cache from an incompatible older version. Thanks.
Mistermind

Postby alrodopial » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:22 pm

v .0.48b when trying live video
Fake races (3 so far) displays a still picture updated every 9-10 secs
Sthl races (1 so far) - same as above
Thls races (4 so far) displays live video ok
Placing a Fakenham race in empty tab and open live video from there problem remains
Rebooting pc does not solve the problem

reverting to v0.47 fixes the problem
W2012 R2
alrodopial

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:52 pm

alrodopial wrote:v .0.48b when trying live video
Fake races (3 so far) displays a still picture updated every 9-10 secs
Sthl races (1 so far) - same as above
Thls races (4 so far) displays live video ok
Placing a Fakenham race in empty tab and open live video from there problem remains
Rebooting pc does not solve the problem

reverting to v0.47 fixes the problem
W2012 R2

I have tested this with Windows Server 2012 R2 and so far have not seen the same issue. Are you accessing it from a remote desktop client? I wouldn't recommend this, it doesn't work great under the best of circumstances. If you are viewing live video you should do it from your local PC. I will continue to try and replicate your issue, but I am sorry to say we will not guarantee that live video will work via remote desktop. Just try watching YouTube via remote desktop, it is not a good experience.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby alrodopial » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:02 pm

RD is used
alrodopial

Postby Mistermind » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:24 pm

Not sure what remote terminal refers to. I logon viaWindows 10 and standard connection, not VPN. I also had this problem of frozen streaming until I reverted back to the Production BA version.

If it is of any interest, when using the defective streaming version I did manage to get unfrozen streaming, but only when streaming pics from greyhound race at 9pm, not from orseracing pics. What could be the difference between the two. Horseracing pics are not stopped, just slowed down to one still shot in 10 sceconds. Could this be related to storage capacity limit, buffer-size? Greyhound pics look more fuzzy, could they make lower demands on storage? Could the demands from GUI in the new Betfair arrangement be too much, thus squeezing storage left available for streaming?

GUI updates should be on user demand only, not nonstop refreshing itself.
Mistermind

Postby alrodopial » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:23 pm

watching using remote desktop:
one window with browser based on Chromium 86.0.4240.198 shows the live video ok
and at the same time
window with live video from ba v 0.48b shows one still picture updated every 10secs
alrodopial

PreviousNext

Return to Help