Q2 Triggers

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Q2 Triggers

Postby summit » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:50 pm

Hi there,

I am trying to record a macro whereby I can put -3 in Q2 to refresh the markets.

However, when I put -3 in the Q2 cell it does not appear to refresh.

Has it changed ( I am sure it worked before) or am I missing something. Can it only be done at certain times?

Also want to put -5 in there as well to force it to newest market.

Thanks for any help.

Steve
summit

Re: Q2 Triggers

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:57 pm

Are you sure it's not refreshing? I think Betfair do have a limit on how many requests you can make in a set time but it should be working on the first refresh at least. Are you streaming or polling the markets as the Q2 trigger will only get picked up when the sheet has refreshed so may be an inactive streaming market or waiting for a slow refresh rate.
Captain Sensible

Postby summit » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:58 pm

Thanks for getting back again.

It does appear now to refresh but it appears to be refreshing the quick pick list with nothing.

I know I can change that in preferences/quick pick list, but surely that would then start all the pages up with the same list when I put -3 in the other spreadsheets that I have open?

Is there a way to actually refresh to page that is linked to excel?

Thanks again for any help.

Steve
summit

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:28 pm

I think -3 will only refresh the sheet with the default quick pick list you have in settings. It will only refresh the QPL attached to the excel tab you stick -3 inbut with whatever default list you have set.

There are other Q2 triggers here http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting_Assistant/UserGuide/cell_q2.htm

Or you can have more than one instance of BA running if the default QPL is complicated.
Captain Sensible

Return to Help