Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby skybluesam » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:17 pm

I don't seem to be able to log in on BA for some reason. It was working fine all afternoon and then it seemed to stall and I haven't been able to get it to work since.

It's giving this error message:

Thanks.
skybluesam

Postby MarkRussell » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:35 pm

You get this error if you have lost your connection to the internet.
Can you still access web pages?
Try rebooting your PC
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby skybluesam » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:44 am

I can still get web-pages and log into betfair through the web.
This morning I'm still unable to get in through BA But no problem through internet explorer.
skybluesam

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:49 am

The most likely cause in this case is your firewall, check your firewall settings it's probably blocking Betting Assistant.exe
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby skybluesam » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:44 pm

Firewall is set to give full permission to both BA.exe and Launcher.

It was working fine all afternoon yesterday then stalled an hasn't let me back in since. It has updated version z26 this morning but is still giving me the same error message.
skybluesam

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:27 pm

Does not make any sense. Have you got a proxy server set up in your Internet Explorer setting, if so does it work if you chose not to use a proxy server?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby skybluesam » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:44 pm

I'm not using a proxy server and nothing has changed on my settings from when it was working. I have just tried deleting temporary internet files to see if that would help but it's made no difference.
I was going to try to see if it would log in on Betfair's other address ie www2.betfair.com to see if that would work but I can't see how to change the log in address on this version of BA.
Sorry to be such a pain.
skybluesam

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:50 pm

Try uninstalling the program using the control panel then delete the folder c:\program files\betting assistant then re-install from http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... nt_099.msi
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby skybluesam » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:15 pm

Tried that and it's still the same. Pulling out what little hair I have left.
skybluesam

Postby skybluesam » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:23 pm

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know I have gone back to the old betfair trader programme and that works fine. Still no good on Betting Assistant but am happy with Betfair Trader as long as you won't be discontinuing it.
skybluesam

Return to Help