New version 48d - linking excel second spreadsheet

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

New version 48d - linking excel second spreadsheet

Postby Drunkenight » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:53 pm

Hi, Great to see a new version out! One issue I have noticed is that I can link BA to one excel spreadsheet, but when I open a second tab in BA and try and link it to a second excel spreadsheet, BA only appears to see the first spreadsheet. Please let me know if you need any further details. Thanks
Drunkenight

Re: New version 48d - linking excel second spreadsheet

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:57 pm

Is the second spreadsheet in a second instance of Excel?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Drunkenight » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:00 pm

Yes it is in a separate instance of excel.
Drunkenight

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:05 pm

I've just tested both multiple workbooks in same instance and separate instances and is working OK here so something unforeseen that can't be affecting everyone.

If you close BA then all instances of Excel then make sure no invisible instances running in task manager does the issue persist?

Instead of opening the spreadsheet first have you tried using the browse button in Excel|Log current prices to open the spreadsheet for you?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:30 pm

I think I have found something regarding separate instances. Please bear with me. I shall be back shortly.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Drunkenight » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:04 pm

Hi Gary,

This is still not working for me. It works if I link multiple tabs in BA to multiple workbooks within the same instance of excel, but not multiple tabs in BA to multiple instances of excel. Here is the process I use:-
1. Open 1 instance of BA with 2 tabs.
2. Open 1 instance of excel and link the first tab in BA to the excel instance - Successful.
3. Open a fresh new second instance of excel with a spreadsheet.
4. Try to link the second tab in BA to the second instance of excel. When I try to do this I am only able to link to the first spreadsheet.

I have rebooted and there are no invisible versions of excel. When I use the excel/log current prices to open the spreadsheet, it will open the spreadsheet, but still will not link to it,

I have tried this process on 3 different servers in 3 different locations with the same result.

Hope this help.
Thanks
Drunkenight

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:08 pm

I have fixed this.

Please reinstall 1.3.0.48d manually from viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10852 and let me know ok.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Drunkenight » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:19 pm

Yes Great! Looks like it is working now.

Thanks.
Drunkenight

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:20 pm

Thanks for confirming. Sorry for the hassle.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Help