Problem with -1 in Cell Q2 after installing 1.3.0.48d

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Problem with -1 in Cell Q2 after installing 1.3.0.48d

Postby Castillo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:49 pm

Hi Gary

After upgrading to 1.3.0.48d, I'm occasionally getting a problem where using -1 in Q2, excel will
move to the next market but almost immediately move to the next market again, so moving 2 ahead.
This is on a spreadsheet I've used for many years with no problems. I have at the time approx 40-50 tabs open
(Streaming Disabled) which makes the excel updating sometimes a bit slow.
Is there any changes on how excel updates etc which could possibly cause this ??
I could try to rollback to 1.3.0.47 to see it it continues in case there is a problem with BF servers.

Cheers
Castillo
Castillo

Re: Problem with -1 in Cell Q2 after installing 1.3.0.48d

Postby Castillo » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:02 pm

Update

Hi,
This is still continuing occasionally, I've looked at it more closely and it does change to the next market in excel, attempts to make bets below minimum stake, returns an error STAKE_TOO_SMALL and then changes to the next market automatically without -1 in Q2
If I return to the skipped market manually the same bets which were originally rejected get placed with no problems.
I'm usually left with bets in the skipped market of £2 at Odds of 1000 against each selection.
Castillo

Postby Castillo » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:42 pm

Hi Gary, Mark

In previous versions the Profit / Loss column was always displayed before trigger betting was enabled.
In this version I have to enable trigger betting to see what the current Profit / Loss values are.
Has there been many changes to the excel linking function etc....as I'm continually getting the problems detailed in my above messages?

Thanks
Castillo
Castillo

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:30 pm

I am investigating these issues.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:33 pm

Castillo wrote:Update

Hi,
This is still continuing occasionally, I've looked at it more closely and it does change to the next market in excel, attempts to make bets below minimum stake, returns an error STAKE_TOO_SMALL and then changes to the next market automatically without -1 in Q2
If I return to the skipped market manually the same bets which were originally rejected get placed with no problems.
I'm usually left with bets in the skipped market of £2 at Odds of 1000 against each selection.

Can you send the diagnostic log to admin@gruss-software.co.uk (open settings folder from the options menu to access logs)
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Castillo » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:19 pm

GaryRussell wrote:Can you send the diagnostic log to admin@gruss-software.co.uk (open settings folder from the options menu to access logs)

Hi Gary, I've sent you an email with the requested info.
Castillo

Postby Castillo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:40 pm

GaryRussell wrote:I am investigating these issues.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for looking into this for me. Just to let you know I've recoded the Change Market trigger and all seems OK at the moment.
Strange this update has caused me problems on a spreadsheet I've been using for Years ??

Would it be possible in the next release to revert back so that when you link to an Excel spreadsheet the Profit / Loss Column is displayed before
Trigger Betting is enabled, as this was always the case in previous Versions. It's was always reassuring to see the current Profit / Loss Status before you enabled triggered betting.

Cheers
Castillo
Castillo

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:54 am

OK. I'll see what I can do. Still investigating the issue.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Castillo » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:15 am

Castillo wrote:Would it be possible in the next release to revert back so that when you link to an Excel spreadsheet the Profit / Loss Column is displayed before
Trigger Betting is enabled, as this was always the case in previous Versions. It's was always reassuring to see the current Profit / Loss Status before you enabled triggered betting.

GaryRussell wrote:OK. I'll see what I can do. Still investigating the issue.

Hi Gary

Still using 1.3.0.48d. Is this issue now resolved in the latest release 1.3.0.49c, there's no mention of it in the release notes?

Cheers
Castillo
Castillo

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:59 am

Apologies. It may still be an issue. I am making it a top priority now. The last release caused more issues than expected, but I can focus on this now.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby MollyMoo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:40 pm

I had this issue and found that a temporary fix was to put -1 into Cell Q2 and then wait until Q2 didn't contain -1 and the race title (Cell A1) had changed before continuing to run the VBA code, e.g.:

Code: Select all
DIM race AS String
race = .Range("A1")
With ThisWorkbook.Sheets(name of sheet connected to Gruss)
.Range("Q2") = -1
Do
DoEvents
Until .Range("Q2") <> -1 And .Range("A1") <> race
End With
...continue with code
MollyMoo

Postby MollyMoo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Sorry - slight error in code:

DIM race AS String
race = .Range("A1")
.Range("Q2") = -1
Do
DoEvents
Until .Range("Q2") <> -1 And .Range("A1") <> race
End With
...continue with code
MollyMoo

Postby MollyMoo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:56 pm

Sorry - senior moment. Code should be:

DIM race AS String
race = .Range("A1")
If .Range("Q2") <> -1 Then .Range("Q2") = -1 'This check is necessary if used in the Worksheet_Calculate section
Do
DoEvents
Loop Until .Range("Q2") <> -1 And .Range("A1") <> race
End With
...continue with code
MollyMoo

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:46 am

I've fixed a bug where if -1 detected before processing triggers on the same refresh then it interferes with below minimum stake bet placement. It now waits correctly for bets to be processed before moving to next market. I could replicate the issue you had with STAKE_TOO_SMALL, but I could not find any evidence that it triggered next market because bet placement failed. I have also restored P&L column when triggered betting disabled.

Can you try version 1.3.1.0 and let me know if the problem persists. You will not need to uninstall previous version first.

Please note this version uses the latest built in web browser from Microsoft so the installation file is much smaller. You will have to accept cookies on first login because it's using a new browser cache, but should only have to accept them once.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Castillo » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:21 pm

GaryRussell wrote:I've fixed a bug where if -1 detected before processing triggers
I have also restored P&L column when triggered betting disabled.
Can you try version 1.3.1.0 and let me know if the problem persists.

Thanks for the update Gary and MollyMoo for posting the VBA Code

I've installed 1.3.1.0

I'm not sure if it's just me but since 1.3.0.47 Loading Markets takes approx 40 seconds to load, with 1.3.0.47 it was almost instant?
I would of probably decided not to upgrade from 1.3.0.47, as for me this was a stable Version and suited all my requirements.
However the loss of Betfair Graphs forced the issue so I had to upgrade.

As for the -1 issue since the upgrade, I've amended some code which seems to have helped.
So if -1 is placed in Q2, immediately I follow this up with a refresh of 15 secs so there is time to change markets before bets are triggered again.
I've also amended the Stake so all bets even under £2 are placed with only 1 transaction (Min Payout £10)
If I get the errors again, I'll let you know.

Can also confirm the Profit/Loss is reinstated on linking a market to Excel without Trigger Betting enabled, thanks.

Is there an install link to 1.3.0.47, with the Web Address to Betfair Graphs corrected?
I would be happy to revert back to this Version for the moment but unfortunately I would need Betfair Graphs.

Thanks
Castillo
Castillo

Next

Return to Help