Problem with -1 in Cell Q2 after installing 1.3.0.48d

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Problem with -1 in Cell Q2 after installing 1.3.0.48d

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:15 pm

Castillo wrote:
I'm not sure if it's just me but since 1.3.0.47 Loading Markets takes approx 40 seconds to load, with 1.3.0.47 it was almost instant?
I would of probably decided not to upgrade from 1.3.0.47, as for me this was a stable Version and suited all my requirements.
However the loss of Betfair Graphs forced the issue so I had to upgrade.

I can't see any difference in speed. I grant you it does take that long on Saturdays when there are more soccer markets. Are you sure you didn't have favourite markets selected previously? If you click the star icon above the market tree, untick "All sports" and tick only horse racing for example they will load very quickly.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Castillo » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:17 pm

GaryRussell wrote: I grant you it does take that long on Saturdays when there are more soccer markets.

Hi Gary

You are correct, it seems longer because it's Saturday with the increase in markets, sorry for any confusion.
Thanks for the fixes in 1.3.1.0, I'll continue with this Version and let you know if I get any problems.

Cheers
Castillo

PS Is there any way to filter the Market Tree List to avoid loading surplus markets. These can be Match Betting 1, A v B, Without Runner...etc
As I usually load the Quick Pick List by dragging the Meeting from the Market Tree into the Quick Pick List window, which populates the races and all surplus markets...like below, which then I need to delete the surplus markets manually.

15:35 4m2f Listed Hcap Chs
15:35 Match Betting 1
16:10 2m4f Nov Hrd
16:10 Match Betting 1
Castillo

Postby NorthView » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:39 pm

You can do this in Preferences/Quick Pick list / markets.

In the box on the right hand side I've added

WIthout
v
reverse
forecast
NorthView

Postby Castillo » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:50 pm

NorthView wrote:You can do this in Preferences/Quick Pick list / markets.

Thanks for the Tip NorthView, I can see that works for the Quick Pick List, but I'm trying to avoid the markets being loaded in the Market Tree List (Under the Quick Pick List).

If you populate markets via the menu options you only usually only get the main markets listed, but I selectively click and drag Meetings from the Market Tree List into the Quick Pick List Window, so in the Market Tree I would like the option to see Main Markets only.

Cheers
Castillo
Castillo

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:08 pm

I will see what I can do about filtering markets. I've noticed myself today that markets are not loading as quickly as they should and it's being delayed by the code that loads the list of Tennis matches with scores available. This used to load quickly, but is now adding a lengthy delay. I will post an update when I know more.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:03 pm

If you install version 1.3.1.0 again from here you will see it loads markets quickly again.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Castillo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:09 pm

Castillo wrote:Hi Gary, Mark

In previous versions the Profit / Loss column was always displayed before trigger betting was enabled.
In this version I have to enable trigger betting to see what the current Profit / Loss values are.

GaryRussell wrote:Apologies. It may still be an issue. I am making it a top priority now. The last release caused more issues than expected, but I can focus on this now.

Hi Gary

Had to install Ver 1.3.0.49e because of the Markets Loading bug....previously using 1.3.1.0 which displayed the correct Profit / Loss values (Column X) with trigger betting not enabled. With Ver 1.3.0.49e it's reverted back to the above quoted problem, would be grateful if this could be fixed.

Thanks
Castillo
Castillo

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:41 pm

The fix in 1.3.0.49e was just in case Betfair included duplicate data. Are you saying it happened again today? 1.3.1.0 stopped working?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Castillo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:45 pm

GaryRussell wrote:The fix in 1.3.0.49e was just in case Betfair included duplicate data. Are you saying it happened again today? 1.3.1.0 stopped working?

Yes, 1.3.1.0 stopped working, continuous loop trying to load markets. So I opted to download 1.3.0.49e which loaded markets OK but then had the problems with Profit / Loss as quoted.

Cheers
Castillo
Castillo

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:56 pm

Looks like Betfair have added more duplicate data. 1.3.0.49e was only intended to fix that one issue for users of version 1.3.0.49d. Version 1.3.1.0 will be the next release. You can download the latest build here which includes the fix.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Castillo » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:33 am

Castillo wrote:
Castillo wrote:In previous versions the Profit / Loss column was always displayed before trigger betting was enabled.
In this version I have to enable trigger betting to see what the current Profit / Loss values are.

GaryRussell wrote:OK. I'll see what I can do. Still investigating the issue.

Hi Gary,

This issue I know was fixed in 1.3.1.0, however since upgrading to 1.3.2.1 I've noticed this problem has come back again.
So basically if I link a market to Excel it will show all Market Details etc...however the Profit / Loss coulumn for that market will only be updated in the Excel Spreadsheet after enabling trigger betting, so sometimes I'm viewing a market with the Profit / Loss Data from an Old Market.
Is there any chance this could be corrected please.

Regards
Castillo
Castillo

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:54 am

I was actually thinking of removing the option without triggered betting as it's a legacy feature. The original intent was you could use it to capture data until Betfair forbid it. Is there a specific reason you cannot have triggered betting enabled all the time?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:02 am

I can't find any evidence that the profit and loss column was included without triggered betting enabled. It is part of the triggered betting output and always has been to my knowledge. Are you absolutely sure about it being included?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Castillo » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:28 pm

GaryRussell wrote:I can't find any evidence that the profit and loss column was included without triggered betting enabled. It is part of the triggered betting output and always has been to my knowledge. Are you absolutely sure about it being included?

I'm positive it was always included in a Version 1.3.1.0 which I used for several years. It might have been you changed it for me in a bespoke release for me only and not changed it in a General Release Update? I may still have that Version available if you want me to reinstall and check?

Personally I would prefer that when you link a market to Excel especially if you've placed manual bets in that market prior to Excel you see the correct Profit and Loss for that market and not have to Enable Trigger Betting to update the Profit / Loss column.

GaryRussell wrote:I was actually thinking of removing the option without triggered betting as it's a legacy feature. The original intent was you could use it to capture data until Betfair forbid it. Is there a specific reason you cannot have triggered betting enabled all the time?

I use the Enable Trigger Betting almost as a safety option, so after linking a Market List I can then change Parameters I've coded in Excel to change Odds required, Stake amount, and other features etc...then as soon as I'm happy I then Enable Triggered Betting to let Excel start placing bets. If Trigger Betting was enabled immediately when linking a market to Excel you have the possibility of bets being made with incorrect odds and stake etc.

Cheers
Castillo
Castillo

Postby Castillo » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:00 pm

GaryRussell wrote:I can't find any evidence that the profit and loss column was included without triggered betting enabled. It is part of the triggered betting output and always has been to my knowledge. Are you absolutely sure about it being included?

Hi Gary

I've reinstalled Ver 1.3.1.0 and this does update the Profit / Loss column as soon as a market is linked to Excel and Trigger Betting not enabled.
I'll send you the install file by email.

Cheers
Castillo
Castillo

PreviousNext

Return to Help